PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with their Decathlon?

JodiM
05-20-2005, 01:00 AM
We bought one for ds a little over a month ago, and it's wearing in spots already. (The fabric has 'bald spots' on it)

I am REALLY disappointed. These aren't cheap, and then to have this happen so soon, and in a car seat that has not been moved but 1 time, is really bad.

I can see if we moved it all the time, but I *just* moved it for the first time since we've had it.

kijip
05-20-2005, 01:27 AM
I would call Britax, report the problem and ask for a new cover. I bet they will give you one. Now, if it balds too, maybe they have a bad cover and need to start covering that Decathalon in Ashley Floral and Funky Denim and Cowmooflauge.....tried and true on the other seats!

Joolsplus2
05-20-2005, 08:13 AM
BRU also has a liberal return policy...I knew people who owned Marathons for months and months before they just HAD to return them due to fraying harness straps and impossible harness adjusters, and BRU was really good about it, in most cases.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

punkadoodle2
05-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Oh, if they would make the Decathalon with the cowmooflauge that would solve my dilema!!! I love that for some reason and am trying to decide on the MA,Blvd. or Decathalon.

JodiM
05-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Oh I hear you, the ONLY think I have never liked about this car seat is the print, eww!

Maybe I will take it back to BRU, and get something different. Either a Marathon or the new Boulevard.

TonFirst
05-20-2005, 12:32 PM
I hate that so many people are singing the Decathlon blues! Call Britax, definitely - something us up with these otherwise fabulous seats...