PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a problem with a convertible carseat not fitting in their car?

SashaBear
05-20-2005, 10:07 AM
I have a Grand Am and I'm worried that a convertible carseat won't fit in our car. The infant seat barely fits! Anyone have any problems?

Joolsplus2
05-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Most people are surprised, even in small cars, to find that the convertible takes up the same amount of front-to-back room or less than the infant seat (they are more upright, and of course you can brace it against the seatback, not having to worry about taking it in and out of the car or messing with the handle). If you have a 4 door, the Marathon should work fine, if you have a 2-door, the Roundabout, Touriva, or Triumph would work better (those also work fine in a 4-door)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mcdonald29
05-21-2005, 08:08 PM
It is defintely worth your while to ask a store to test if the seat fits in your particular car. A local baby boutique let me try the Marathon in our 2 door Pontiac Sunfire- no fit. So I went with the Roundabout, which was perfect. However, I actually bought the seat much cheaper online... (blush -but I don't feel all bad because we dropped a lot of other $ their way!)