PDA

View Full Version : Second car seat needed

Sweetpea972
05-22-2005, 12:30 AM
I can't decide what to do...right now DD (7 months old) is using the Roundabout. I need another car seat which we will use in DH's car (which we rarely use) and for traveling. I am wondering if I should just buy a cheap car seat (Touriva) or get a marathon (which DD could use after she outgrows Roundabout). Is the marathon really heavy to travel with? And complicated to install (in the airplane)? I'll be traveling with DD by myself this summer.

TIA for your advice/suggestions!

mariza
05-22-2005, 08:17 AM
If you are thinking about the Marathon, why not just install in your car and use the R/A in DH's car and travelling? Seems to me the R/A would be easier to lug around.
I had this problem too and finally settled on the Graco Comfort Sport. It was rated by the Fields' as a good seat to use in an airplane and we travel several times a year. I would've gotten the Marathon for my car and used the R/A in DH's car, but we traded his truck and my old car in for a mini-van. Now he gets a work car, but it's a different car every night. I didn't want to use the expensive seat knowing it was going to be getting pulled in and out of cars daily and moving from garage to his office.
I would have gotten the Touriva too, but managed to get a good deal on one of the more padded ComfortSports with the TRU coupon yesterday.

Joolsplus2
05-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Just giving a thumbs up to either of those plans (Marathon in main car, RA for extra and travel) or RA for main car and Touriva or Regal Ride or Scenera (same seat, but kind of improved and nicer) for extra or travel.

The RA is very easy to install and carry, and if you are a nervous wreck when you travel and don't need the learning curve of trying to figure out how to install the Touriva, then you might be happier in the long run getting the MA and traveling with the RA.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx