PDA

View Full Version : Primo Viaggio MIN. Weight ...?

MamaParis
05-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Is there a Minimum weight limit for the PP Primo Viaggio?
All I can find is that it says "newborn to 20 lbs". So is that correct? No min weight?

The person who bought my PV and P3 a few months ago finally had their kid and she's about to leave the hospital and the kid is 4 lbs and an ounce or two.

Anyway, they called to ask me if they could put their 4 lb-er in it because apparently the hospital is being really strict about it and keeps insisting that they make sure that their infant seat is good for that size baby and not just 5-20 lbs ... and they figured I'd know (plus they're a family friend! ;) )

They're taking the kid home tomorrow night - so any QUICK answers would be appreciated!

thanks

Paris

ps - the kid is only a month early and just fine in regards to breathing and eating and growing and so on - just really tiny! :)

Joolsplus2
05-23-2005, 07:46 PM
When they say birth or newborn, they mean it :)

If it started at 5, the sticker on the seat would stay 5. But I wonder why it's so hard to find this online??? If I can't find it, who can?!?!? (I'm just kidding of course! But it's not really obvious on their website!)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

MamaParis
05-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks!

And you're right - if YOU can't find it then I'm sure NO ONE can! You are like the "Big book of carseat knowledge"!! :)

Thanks again - as always - your response is much appreciated! :)

MaisyBabies
05-24-2005, 11:02 AM
I just wanted to add that we took our three home in PPV's all weighing UNDER 5 lbs. A CPS tech/NICU nurse helped us to get the babies in there snuggly.

Here's a pic of all three of them (two were 4.5lbs and the other was 4lbs)

http://hobbstuff.com/ALL3HOME.jpg

Here's a close up of the 4lbs baby, I don't know if you can tell, but they rolled up a diaper and put it in between her legs so that the buckle was able to rest against the diaper, because her belly was no where close to it. Note, they took out the belly pad AND the head rest thing too.

http://hobbstuff.com/ABBYUPCLOSECS.jpg

HTH

MamaParis
05-24-2005, 12:12 PM
THANKS for the tip about the diaper by the buckle.
And the pictures are quite helpful! :)

This is their first child and they seem quite nervous about going home with the baby.

Thanks
Paris

PS- I bet that was a handful leaving the hospital! :) And your babies look adorable all snuggled up!

MaisyBabies
05-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the kind comment Paris! It's so hard to believe that was less than a year and a half ago! (Especially when all the kids are over 20lbs now!) LOL As for leaving the hospital, it was recommended that we leave with the babies AFTER 5pm because most of the people had left the hospital and we could scoot out fast. It was a little nutty cuz I couldn't lift anything, so there was an entourage of people just helping us to carry the babies out.

Ohhhh to reminisce! LOL

Tootles