PDA

View Full Version : Marathon in Toyota Corolla?

annie8975
05-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Will a Marathon fit in a small sedan rearfacing? I am thinking I will probably need a Roundabout, but if the Marathon would fit I would get it! Thanks,

Kerry

new_mommy25
05-25-2005, 06:49 PM
We have a 2003 Toyota Corolla. We have it installed in the center RF with the seat belt. It fits really well in there. We had a Snugride before that and it seriously takes up about the same amount of room. We have also had it installed RF in the outboard positions (when we car pool) and it fits well there too. But we actually have more when the seat is in the center just because of the way the headrests are. (Not sure if that makes sense). You can go to BRU and they will let you try out a seat in your car before purchase.

kijip
05-25-2005, 11:18 PM
The Marathon/Wizard/Decathalon/Boulevard will fit FF and RF in the back of the Toyota Corolla. It actually fits just as well (if not a tad better!) than the Roundabout. Why am I so convinced of this? Because I have a Wizard, a roundabout (now a back-up seat) and a 1998 Toyota Corolla. We had the Wizard RF till Toby hit the max and now it is FF. The center seat contour in some model years may make the outboard position easier for both the Roundabout and the larger Britax seats.

Judegirl
05-25-2005, 11:51 PM
We have a Marathon in a 2005 Corolla, rearfacing in the center, and it's a royal PITA. It fits, but the adults in the front seat cannot recline much at all, and forget about sticking an arm back there to reach behind the seat for something - no way, no matter how long or skinny your arm is. And it's impossible to be comfortable sitting in the back with the seat in the car, unless you're about 6 years old.

I think this has to do with the design of the cabin in the '05 Corolla, though. And we haven't tried moving the seat over. But we're really looking forward to forward-facing because there's just NO room.

HTH,
Jude

new_mommy25
05-26-2005, 03:02 AM
Jude, have you tried putting the seat more upright? DS is still RF but it is not reclined. He likes to be up higher to see the trucks on the road :) DH and I plenty or room in the front though we are not tall people. I am 5'6 and DH is about the same.

LisaD_MomtoEmily
05-26-2005, 07:03 AM
My DC (same frame?) fits very well in my 96 Corolla, RF, seat-belted & tethered. Yeah, it's pretty big, but it's just the three of us w/no back seat passengers so it's not a prob. I don't know if 2005 cabins are different.

Lisa D.
SAHM to Emily Rose born 6/22/04

annie8975
05-26-2005, 07:44 AM
ThankYou so much for your reaponses. It is a 2001. I think we will give it a try. It is usually just me and her with no backseat passengers.

Kerry