PDA

View Full Version : RF Britax RA in Mercedes C class

cara1
05-26-2005, 05:19 AM
DS's RA has always been RF in the center of DH'S car. When DD was born, we installed her graco snugride next to him. Now she's ready to move to a RA. DH insists there is no room to have both RAs RF in his car. He says we have to put both seats outboard now, and there's no room for a RF RA behind his drivers side seat (DH is 5'10"). So he says DS has to be turned FF (3 YRS, 27 LBS). DS will stay RF in my car (minivan), assuming he will allow this (has NEVER objected before to being RF). Does this sound right?

Joolsplus2
05-26-2005, 08:58 AM
It really does take an advanced degree in carseat installation to get 2 RA's next to each other. I think I'd recommend trying the now FF RA (do you have top tethers in that car? If not, get them added, they make FF significantly safer), in the middle, next to the RF RA, because it should fit, I think, and at least it's worth a shot.

If not, well, that IS an exceptionally safe car, and 3 is awesome to have made it to RF (have you sent a picture to the album? Anyone can!).

For what it's worth, my 3 yo did fine going back and forth between RF and even a backless booster...she was compliant with mommy and I also of course told her RF was safest, so she was happy with it.

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx