PDA

View Full Version : Replacement straps for Safety 1st Forerunner

jra
05-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Has anyone had any success in getting replacement straps for a Safety 1st Forerunner (5 point harness) or similar model seat (Triad, Touriva I think)? I have a Forefunner that I bought back in 2002 that has the very twisty straps. I used it for a short time and then packed it away because I hated it so much and I didn't think it was safe. With all the twisting of the straps, it was impossible to get the harness tight. I now have a need for a second backup seat so I pulled this seat back out. I just contacted their customer service and was told that the straps are irreplaceable for those seats!

If anyone can offer any advice on how I can get some new straps for this seat, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
Jennifer

Joolsplus2
05-27-2005, 10:40 PM
I worked with a mom who was so frustrated with her Forerunner, she gave it to me when she bought a Wizard, lol. I got the strap replaced for about $5, and they are MUCH better. Go to www.djgusa.com and click through till you get to the customer service phone number. They are super friendly and it only took a few days to get my new strap (it's one strap threaded in a loop to make 2 shoulder straps...tell them if you need a new manual, to, and chest clip, they'll throw those in free, I think).

HTH,
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jra
05-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Julie, can you tell me about how long ago it was that you got the replacement strap? If it's been a while, maybe they are just no longer available or something and that's why they told me the strap is irreplaceable. When I did contact their customer service, it was by phone and whoever I was working with wasn't very helpful. I am going to try to call them again on Tuesday again though now that I know that someone was able to get a new strap.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Joolsplus2
05-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Oh my gosh, what a pain!!! I got my new strap maybe 2 months ago? Try filling this out and also emailing them with your seat serial number and date of manufacture http://recall.djgusa.com/services/replacement/index.php so that when you call on Tuesday they'll also have all the info for you at their fingertips.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jra
05-31-2005, 05:21 PM
Julie,

Can you tell me the manufacturing date on the Forerunner you have and if you care to share, the model? I called cust. service again today and again was told my strap is irreplaceable. She told me that they don't have directions for how to replace it and that mine hooks to the seat differently than any other models they make so nothing is compatable. I just got back from Kmart and Walmart and my strap hooks to the exactly like all of their models I just looked do. Ergh, this is frustrating. I know another model's strap will fit mine, but I'm guessing someone forgot to document it and for liability reasons, they can't help me out.

Jennifer