PDA

View Full Version : Is Touriva/Scener a better choice than ComfortSport?

mariza
05-28-2005, 08:55 PM
I have a Roundabout in my car and I am the primary chauffer for DD. DH picks her up on occassion and I'm concerned about the Comfort Sport I just bought for him to use. DD's still in her Snugride, so no problem for now, but when she moves into the convertable's I'm not sure what to do. DH has a company car, but it's not the same one every day, so whatever carseat we get will be moving from garage to his office to different car on a daily basis. I want something easy to install (which reading other posts, ComfortSport may not be it) also needs to be lightweight as we travel by air several times a year.
I got the Tan Check ComfortSport at TRU last week with the coupon for $70 (normally $99), I'm shying away from the Cosco's becasue the padding seems pretty bad to me and we are going to Hawaii in Oct. so I want to make sure DD is going to be comfy during the long flight from FL.
I like the thick padding on the ComfortSport and the snack tray, should I just keep it or get the Scenera (or something else) instead? I really don't want to get another Britax not because of expense (though that is part of it) but it just seems heavier than the Graco to me and also I don't want to get it beat up with all the moving in and out of cars. Help!

pittsburghgirl
05-29-2005, 08:49 AM
We have a Touriva in DH's car and use it for travel. No, it doesn't have as much cushy padding as the Britax seats but my DS seems fine in it, he has fallen asleep in it many times.

For travel it is absolutely awesome. I can install it on the plane in only a couple of minutes, with DS strapped on my front in my mei tai. I have also installed it in numerous rental cars, my mom's car, a car service Town Car, etc. in only a few minutes. (Still RF, though, haven't tried it FF yet). I can carry it so easily with DS strapped on me, or while pushing DS in the stroller.

If we were on a long flight, I would probably take a small blanket to pad the sides (like one of those infant head supports) for when DS feel asleep on the plane. He has never seemed uncomfortable otherwise, though.

We have never tried the comfortsport though, but if you are going in and out a lot you really want something that's easy to install.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a Scenera.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png