PDA

View Full Version : Buy Marathon online or wait for coupons/sale at BRU

nicksmom
05-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Hi! I am hoping for some help/advice. I have decided to buy a Britax MA. The question is where. From other posts here I have learned I can get it online for under $190, but I think today is the last day for the deal. I know I will be getting a $125 gift card for BRU later this week. I would love to use the giftcard but then that would mean I will have to pay BRU prices $249.99+tax. I know there are coupon/specials at BRU occasionally for big ticket items and I can wait a bit since I don't really need the seat right this moment. So, should I spend $ out of pocket today and order the seat online or wait till there is a sale at BRU and use the gift card?

I guess the big question I have is how low have you seen the MA go for at BRU? Is $186 a really good deal? I just want to make sure I am getting value for my money. Hope I am making sense. TIA. :)

DebbieJ
05-31-2005, 03:29 PM
The MA is never on sale at BRU. The only way you can get it cheaper than $249 is with the coupons. But the have just one or two cover choices there.

If you order online, you can get a fun cover, like Cowmooflague. :)

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

MamaParis
05-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Buy the Marathon on-line and use the BRU giftcards for diapers!!!

BRU has decent prices on the big boxes of diapers and they are WAY OVERpriced on carseats!!

A BRU coupon usually pays for the tax at most and on-line you can get free shipping and no tax ...

So I'd buy the MA on-line and ise the BRu giftcards for necessities like diapers and wipes and stuff like that.

jmo ...

silversun
05-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Definitely use the gift card for something else. You'll never get such a deal, even with multiple coupons. There are so many fabrics to choose from, and BRU only carries two of them.

nicksmom
05-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Thank you all for your advice. I was already leaning on buying the seat online but wanted confirmation from you experts. :)

Latest update, I just ordered the MA in "new blue." Now I can move on to finding a double stroller to accommodate my two DS. Perhaps I can use my gift card for that....

Splash
06-01-2005, 07:04 AM
I'd still order your stroller online. At BRU, all you're going to get are Graco/Cosco (wow they suck) or maybe a PP Aria double (which is decent) but still way overpriced. Order online and you can get a Zooper, Combi, Mac TT, whatever you like. Of course the stroller board is more helpful with this. But I'd still keep that gift card for daipers, wipes, clothes, toys, etc. Big ticket items are better online, and way more selection. Enjoy your new car seat though!
E