PDA

View Full Version : Touiva harness question--Urgent leaving for vacation tomorrow with seat.

ajweeks
05-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Hi,

I just bought a Touiva to travel with for my 8 month old DD (around 27"-28" long and around 17 lbs). The bottom harness slots on the Touiva seem really low, lower than her RA, but the middle ones seem to be a big jump up. When I put her in the seat, the bottom harness slots are way down her back and the middle ones are just slightly above her shoulders, but not too much--the bottom slots are more below her shoulders than the middle ones are above. I know that for RFing, the harness is supposed to be at or below the shoulders, but the problem with having the harness in the bottom slots with my DD is that it seems like the harness will slip off her shoulders because the slots are so far down her back. Should I move up to the middle? The middle does seem like the better fit to me because the straps seem more secure on her shoulders, but the slots are slightly above her shoulders.

Thanks for you help,

Amy

Joolsplus2
05-31-2005, 04:32 PM
It's ok to move them to the middle...I almost always have to for kids that age, even if it's a little above the shoulders...otherwise, it's impossible to get them in the seat, and then if you CAN get them in, the straps fall off the sides of their arms, or they can lean out of the seat altogether! It's awful!

So, middle slots it is :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

ajweeks
05-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks Julie! I don't know what I would do without this message board!

--Amy