PDA

View Full Version : Britax Wizard vs. Boulevard

tobycat
06-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Could someone please clear up a little confusion for me? I was searching old posts for information on the Wizard to install in my 2003 Passat sedan and found a link to a Boulevard sold at Babies R Us. The Boulevard is not even shown on the Britax website.
What is the difference between these two?

Thanks,
Candice

Joolsplus2
06-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Really the main thing is the headwings are way further apart than the Wizard. So many people complained about the WZ headwings that they are discontinuing it and replacing it with the BV, but for now you can only find the BV on the BRU site (they are having production issues, it's not supposed to be a BRU exclusive, but for now it just kind of is).

Anyway, same seat, extra padding, wider headwings, higher price. :)

It's really, really nice, though...but I really like the WZ, too, I don't think you won't like it.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

tobycat
06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know what the height limit is on the Graco Snugride infant seat? (Not near the manual) My 8 month old DD is 15.5 pounds and was 25 inches at her 6 month appointment. Is the height a bigger factor (than weight) in deciding when to move up to the bigger seat? I have 27 inches stuck in my head for the Graco but I might be wrong.

Candice

Joolsplus2
06-01-2005, 12:59 PM
The top limit is 26 inches...buuuut... you can only use it till her head is within an inch of the top of the seat...if her head is one inch from the top or closer, then it's time for the Wizard, like, today (because you dont want her head flying forward from the seat and striking the seatback in front and causing neck injury). No worries about her feet...fortunately little feet and legs can hang off the back without any serious risk of injury :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx