PDA

View Full Version : Marathons end up being $178, shipped, with a Babyage coupon & ebates!

justlearning
06-03-2005, 11:00 AM
deleted

punkadoodle2
06-03-2005, 11:52 AM
OK, not trying to be a smartie by asking this. Is it better to order one off line and receive a great discount? Or is it better to be able to return it to the store if there's a problem? Just wondering because I've been struggling with this issue.

I think I've decided to get the MA in cowmooflauge. I know for a fact that BRU doesn't even have this fabric. Noticed Target has it online...but don't think it can be returned in the store if it's a web only item. I have gift cards at both of those places, but it still doesn't give me a deal like this one!!!!!!

I'd like to go ahead and order it, just don't want to be able to return it if there's a problem. Am I making any sense? LOL (guess it's the "mommy brain".

Thanks!!!

I'm sure y'all are tired of me posting and wish I'd just get a silly seat!!!! :-)

justlearning
06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
I understand your concerns with buying online. Even though I do a lot of my shopping online (due to convenience and better prices), I will almost always buy something in a store instead if it's the same price and if I think I may want to return it.

In this case, though, the price is considerably different. If you don't have any coupons for BRU, then you're paying $72 more (I'm comparing it to the $178 price through babyage right now--see my other thread) for the Marathon in addition to having to pay taxes (probably about another $20). So, basically, you're paying $92 more for the exact same product just to be able to return it without having to pay shipping. If there is something wrong with a carseat, it would cost a lot less than that to ship it back to the place you ordered it from or to the manufacturer. (Even if you do have a BRU coupon, you're still not going to come close to the online price).

So, you still may choose to buy from BRU anyways because you just feel better about it, but personally I wouldn't consider using the gift card up as a bonus here because you'll have no problem using that up quickly on items that are the same price as you could buy online. (Believe me, babies are really expensive!!)

I would guess that the majority of people on this board who own a Marathon have purchased theirs online rather than at BRU due to the better deals (including myself). Although I'm not an active participant in this carseat forum anymore, I haven't seen any major problems reported on here from people buying their carseats online. The only thing that you may want to ask an online retailer--if this is important to you--is when their manufacturing date on the carseat is. Oftentimes, that varies according to the pattern so you could always check that out beforehand if you wanted the most recently manufactured date possible.

HTH!

punkadoodle2
06-03-2005, 01:01 PM
That does make alot of sense to me. I'm all about saving money! :-) It just helps to hear it from someone else too!!

Thanks so much! Might just have to give them a call!

jkpalotay
06-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Anne,
Thanks for all the great info. I, too, am in the process of getting a MA. I was going to order from BabyAge, but when I tried to call them by phone, all I got was a busy signal alllll day. Do they have a different number now, or maybe problems with the phone. I know I won't get the e-bates deal when ordering by phone, but I wanted to see if they could speed up the shipping for an extra cost, so I could get it sooner. (We're taking a trip soon :) ). However, even if I get in touch with BabyAge by phone now, I'm uneasy ordering from them, because I envision having a problem, and not being able to ever reach them by phone, KNIM?

Now I'm not sure who to order from, BabyAge or BabyUniverse. We have a BRU somewhat near us, but the cost is sky-high. However, I would love to see some of the fabrics in person. Do you think any speciality baby stores usually carry a few of the options? Also, I have heard great things about Marilyn, from A Running Stroller. Her prices are highter, though. Does anyone know if she price-matches? Thanks for all your help!

Kelli
Mommy to Luke (April 2003)
Hoping for another this year sometime!

punkadoodle2
06-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Do they usually tell you on line if something is out of stock? Just hope it isn't!!!

safarimom
06-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Here's another option at a good price--$195 shipped from Best Buy Baby. No ebates that I know of though. I bought mine a month ago fom them & it was $207 which I thought was a good deal then! They have responsive customer service as I wanted to know if the item was in stock before my CC was billed. They checked & contacted me first.

http://bestbuybaby.com/bestbuybaby/britmar20.html

Albee baby also has them for a pretty good price $199 shipped & they were also responsive to my inquiries.

Blue Jeans Mama
06-05-2005, 02:00 PM
At a runningstroller website she has a 2005 Colonial Blue Marathon for $199.95. I believe shipping is included. Worth to check it out she is very nice.

Cathy

MarisaSF
06-05-2005, 03:06 PM
I called babyage on Friday to make sure the MA I wanted (Handful) was in stock. They said it was and that it would ship out Monday. I know, I've had a hard time getting them on the phone in the past. This time, 3 rings and someone picked up. While not overly friendly, she was helpful.

daniele_ut
06-06-2005, 08:37 AM
I had purchased a MA from BRU a few weeks ago for $202, but I wasn't in love with the Racer cover (though DH liked it), so I decided to go for the better deal and placed an order with Baby Age Saturday night for a Cowmooflage MA that I think I *will* love! It said on my confirmation it would ship next business say, and when I called just a few minutes ago to check I got a very nice person on the phone after 3 minutes on hold who verified that it was in stock and would ship today. She said I would have a tracking number by end of business today.

I'm happy to hear that since we are driving cross country next week and need the MA here by next Wednesday. It should get here Friday or Monday, so that works great! I'll return the other one after my new one arrives safely!