PDA

View Full Version : My toddler is outgrowing his Roundabout...what next?

JLiebCamm
06-03-2005, 08:05 PM
My DS is 2 1/2, weighs 35#, and is 36" tall. We have a Roundabout in one car and a Marathon in the other. The Marathon still fits well but the Roundabout is getting a little questionable. So what is my best move for his next car seat, another Marathon or something cheaper to get us through to the booster stage? I'm OK with spending the money on the Marathon but want to pick the seat that wil make the most sense at his age and size. I know this has been discussed on this board before but need the answer reiterated because I still feel confused. Thanks!
Jessica

Splash
06-03-2005, 08:25 PM
The best option would be a Husky. If you are willing to spend the money on a MA, the Husky is the best choice for you. It's cheaper than the MA, and it will keep him till 80 pounds. It neesd to be tethered after fifty though, so make sure you have tethers. But, if you are willing to spend the $200, a Husky is your best option.
E

Joolsplus2
06-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Are his shoulders actually getting to the top slots? You can use the Roundabout till his shoulders are actually just over the top slots, which could be a year away, feasibly. Of course, if it needs to be handed down to baby now...well...lol, you DO need something else!

With handmedownability, I'd get the Marathon, because the Husky is just so truly massive for such a young tiny guy, and won't last till 80 pounds, it'll expire before he outgrows it.

The Graco Platinum Cargo is ok, but only goes to 40 pounds, so might not last him till age 4 or 5 harnessed...but then again, with handmedownability, it is a nice light seat for travel, and works quite well for most people, and is only $100...

Graco and Cosco have some new higher weight seats due out this fall, and the Husky is going to become the improved "Regent" soon...so there's a lot on the horizon, if you can wait a little.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx