PDA

View Full Version : Diff between Wizard and Marathon?

mamaAnn
06-04-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm looking for a carseat for my 18lb 6 mos old. All my kids are very tall for their age so thought the Marathon would be the best choice for the long haul compared to the Roundabout. (Had planned on the Triumph but read too many problems here) But I see people talking about the Wizard and can't seem to find any major differences in them?

I really want it easy to install RF since it will be back and forth between my Odyssey and DH's Ford truck (new so it has rear seat latches) and want the shoulder harness easy to adjust.

Thanks
Ann

Splash
06-04-2005, 10:36 PM
The Wizard (now the Boulevard, though you might still find a Wizard somewhere) has side impact protection wings, and an awesome knob harness adjustment... you can make the harness the EXACT height needed, vs picking a preset slot, and you never have to rethread it.
That's the only real difference. Both are easy to install.
E

mamaAnn
06-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks-that makes sense now that I look back at my piles of info :)

kijip
06-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Another plus for the Wizard is that the highest harness setting is a *bit* higher than the MA, so it might last super tall kiddos longer. Making the deal even sweeter, the Wizard is clearing out right now and the sales are fantastic!

http://www.specialtybaby.com/britax.html

Some places are even down to $190-$200. Albee Baby (the link above) is at $209 but you get free shipping and they ship really fast.

I have even heard rumors of BRU closing some out at $99!

FWIW, I love my Wizard and am sooooo upset to see it replaced in the Britax line!