PDA

View Full Version : Can I really compare the Scenera/Touriva to a Marathon?

mamaAnn
06-04-2005, 10:53 PM
I realy like the idea of the MA lasting so long and it does look more comfy. The Touriva is obviously more basic and not as cushioned. But performance-wise are they the same or is the MA better?
Price isn't a big deal but if they perform similarly then hey, I'll take the savings.
I've seen the Touriva recommended here but the MA so much more.
I really want the easy strap adjustability so if this is better on one then please do tell.
Thanks
Ann

kijip
06-04-2005, 11:13 PM
It is really easier to use the MA correctly and you will get a lot more use out of it years wise. If you are ok with the MA price, you really can't go wrong. On-line they are running about $200 with free shipping and no tax (www.albeebaby.com and other sites as well).

What you lose with the Touriva:

No RF tether
Shorter life (kid will need new seat around 3 years old, vs. 6 for MA)
Less padding (not really a safety issue, but can be a comfort issue)

All in all, in a crash your child will be well protected in any seat that is used correctly and the Touriva/Scenera is a great bargain- much easier to use than many other inexpensive seats.

searchdog
06-05-2005, 07:36 AM
In my own experience, the Britax seats are easier to adjust the straps. I have a Touriva in Grandmas car and it is definatly harder to tighten the straps when compared to out Wizard.

I think that the touriva is a good seat and if you can deal with the slightly harder to adjust straps then you would be fine.

We went with the Britax since we could harness DD longer in it than the other seats.

Maybe go to the store and try the different harness adjustment mechanisms and see what you like.