PDA

View Full Version : So...should I get another MA or a Husky?

Beth568
06-05-2005, 08:30 AM
I have two kids in Marathons in my car - a 3.5 year old and a 6 month old. My older DD just moved out of her Roundabout, so that's in DH's car for the baby, and now we need another seat for the big sister (we switch cars often enough that we decided to just bite the bullet and buy another seat for each of them, sigh).

So...what would you get? Another Marathon, or a Husky? I'd like to get the seat that will last the longest, and obviously the Husky goes to 80 pounds, but I don't know if Sarah will realistically fit in in that long. And I have to admit I don't know what that means in terms of years. She's 35 pounds now - how much do your 7 and 8 year olds weigh? I wonder if she'll want a regular booster by the time we get up in years and weight, and if the Marathon is a better idea for now.

Recommendations?

Splash
06-05-2005, 09:11 AM
I'd go for the Husky. It should fit her until she is at least 8, maybe longer. And it is taller, so it will definitely fit her longer.
If you've got room for it in your car, I'd say it's a better choice. We just bought a BV for out 3.5 year old, and I wish we would have bought a Husky (which is $100 cheaper than the BV too) but at the time she was still RF (for another month <sigh>) and she BEGGED for a seats with pillows. She wanted it so bad we just decided to get it for her. It's a tax write off.
The Husky is cheaper than the MA also, unless you get a great sale price on the MA. The Husky runs abuot $209.
E