PDA

View Full Version : i just got the britax roundabout and i want to know if i can carry it on my inglesina zippy

rl42382
06-06-2005, 08:37 AM
rachel l.
my daughter is 9 1/2 months weighs 17 pounds and is 27 inches tall. she outgrew her graco snug ride car seat so we got a britax roundabout for her and i need to take it from car to car because we can't afford a second car seat and WE LIVE IN AN APARTMENT SO WE HAVE NO SPACE TO STORE an extra car seat. i want to know if i can attach the car seat on to my inglesina zippy stroller like i did with her infant and what can i use to make sure it is stable and safe to carry her and the carseat in the stroller.

MamaParis
06-06-2005, 12:12 PM
why would you be doing this?

I would say that you probably could rig it to fit on there if you NEEDED it to - like in an airport or places like that where you'd need the stroller and carseat.

But as for making it a "travel system"? Why bother! The zippy is an awesome stroller tha even a newborn could lay in - I'd just put the child straight into the stroller for stuff like that.

Also, convetible seats don't have the click-in base like infant seats do. So if you took it out the car every day - you'd have to re-install it every day. That can ge to be a bit annoying IMO. Especially if it starts raining!!!

So Yeah, you can probably rig the seat to sit on top of your Zippy if you HAD to do it - but as for something on a regular basis - just use the stroller and leave the carseat in the car until you need to move it to another vehicle.

And if you are switching vehicles on a daily basis - I'd say its prrobably wise to just go ahead and invest in a 2nd carseat and leave them both installed in both cars.

FYI - you can get a Cosco Touriva at wal-martfor $39!! Its a nice inexpenisve seat that you can leave in the second car! And its only $40! I have one in my parents car as a spare (I stole my Wizard back! lol) and its easy to install and easy to use and a good spare seat IMO!