PDA

View Full Version : Ready to buy a new Britax carseat--a few quick questions

swampus
07-11-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm 99% sure I'm going to buy another WZ (dd is still rearfacing at almost 22 months and has always loved the seat). I wanted to know:

Does the funky denim rub off at all? I don't know why I think it would... is it even real denim? I think I want to give dd's current Wizard to ds and get the new one in funky denim for her (with the floofy headrest cover). We have the midnight/black combo right now.

Is www.babycatalog.com the best place to get the WZ right now?

TIA!

kingdink
07-11-2005, 02:55 PM
repeat

kingdink
07-11-2005, 02:56 PM
repeat

kingdink
repeat...sorry

kingdink
I believe it is like actual denim. It fades and gets "broken in."

jo

heather57
07-12-2005, 11:40 AM
I bought a "funky denim" Wizard from babycatalog about a month ago.

The denim is just like a lightweight cotton denim used for blue jeans. The color is a little darker than it appeared on my monitor in the picture. It doesn't "rub off". Being cotton, I think it might be more vunerable to stains from spills than some other fabrics. (because liquids would soak in instead of sitting on top of the fabric) However, the dark, slighly uneven color of the denim would probably camoflage stains. My son is unusually neat, however, so I haven't been too worried.

I opted for the denim because I thought the cotton would be cooler in summer than a polyester blend. Even with the dark color, I think this is true.

At the time I bought this seat, babycatalog was the best deal.

hipmaman
07-12-2005, 09:17 PM
I currently have the New Blues, Foofy, Funky Denim, Ashley Floral and Marina.

The Funky Denim is a darker (blackish), thinner denim and more 'washed' than the New Blues. But they are both 100% real denim with no fading or rub off as yet. I have had them washed and so far they hold their colours. The Funky Denim is about a year old and the New Blues is about 2 yrs old. The denim on the Foofy is the New Blue denim.

Although I think the New Blue cover holds its shape better than the Funky Denim. I notice around the harness slots, the holes on the Funky Denim don't hold their shapes as well as the New Blues. I guess the thicker denim helps with this.

Here are a few pictures comparing the denims http://photobucket.com/albums/v499/Oakvillemoms/Carseats/

swampus
07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
thanks for the reply-- I bought it! :)
(from babycatalog.com)

I'm pretty happy that I got it for $209... 80 bucks cheaper than the first Wizard (BRU)--and tax free! :)

swampus
07-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the relpy and the link to the pictures!

I actually bought it and I can't wait for it to show up at my door. :) My plan is to give dd the new seat (with the foofy headrest) and put ds in the Midnight one in a couple of months--whenever he outgrows his snugride.

thanks again!