PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Embrace

Maria K
07-12-2005, 10:32 PM
We're getting ready to adopt domestically and are finishing up our registry.
Anyone own the new Evenflo Embrace? I like a lot of the features but I never seem to see much conversation about Evenflo...
- Maria

Joolsplus2
07-12-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't think we mention it much because it only comes with a rear-adjusting model. To loosen or tighten the harness, you have to kind of fiddle with little metal slider plates in the back. Yes, because it is an infant seat, you CAN reach them (rear adjusters on front facing seats are totally unreachable!) but they are SO much more of a pain to use from day-to-day than a front adjusting model is (which just has a tail you can tug and release at the front of the seat, usually with a metal tab or flap to lift, an just a simple tug tight, that is SO much easier).
Also, it MUST be used with the base. That's not a huge deal, but it can make air travel or popping into a friends car or taxi just a little more of an ordeal (than the snugride, which pops right in without a base). Not a big deal, just not a winning extra feature, you know?
But I've seen it in the store, and it looks like a nice enough seat (the base is a wonderful copy of the Snugride, which has been a great base for several years now...MUCH improved over the other Evenflo infant bases!), and it's certainly not expensive...and it's fine when it's used properly, it's just a little harder to use properly, so at least you are asking and getting a bit of fair warning! :)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx