PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon Cover replacement in ?Nylon? perhaps?

lilye13
07-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi all,
I have the Artic Cat cover on our Marathon and DS has developed this rash on parts of hislegs, it's ezema but heat related since we live in Arizona and it's well into the 100's here. But I have found when I take him out of the car that is it aggravated by the car sear material. I ws just looking on the Britax website and it seems the only covers that they make now are all plush material like the one we have. The one that is part nylon isn't even available. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything that could help me or am I just looking for something that doesn't exist?

Thanks so much for any help!

Joolsplus2
07-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I'd get the "New Blues" or "Funky Denim" as they are 100% cotton. And then I would hope that he's not allergic to the flame retardancy material that is required to be put on car seat covers.

If they don't have those, or if you want to try for a bargain, the Clearance store at www.lullabylane.com sells the New Blues for $29.99 (no Belly Pad is included, though)...I don't know how much shipping from them would be, but it might be cheaper than ordering new off Britax directly.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

lilye13
07-14-2005, 03:57 PM
oooh thanks, i'll check it out.....I didn't get that those two styles weren't the" furry " kind like he has! duh! i'll let ya know

lisak
07-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks for sharing. They are out of New Blues until at least 7/28 according to the website. That is a pretty good price.
I'll have to try to remember to check back.

Lisa

lilye13
07-14-2005, 04:07 PM
hmm i can't seem to find it on clearance. The only one I find, New Blues , is out of stock and $54.99. Can you send a link to the one you see?
Thanks