PDA

View Full Version : Compass 1400 Car Seat..any reviews yet?

hmseyer21
07-14-2005, 06:04 PM
After reading BB, and realizing that I will probably need a larger capacity infant seat( DH and I are both tall), I am leaning towards the Compass 1400, but want to make sure it has been rated safe. The website said it had a rating of 4, but I was not familiar with what that meant. This is our first baby, and we have to get everything, so it is getting overwhelming! If you have this seat or know of a good site to look up ratings, I would really appreciate your input! Thank you!

Joolsplus2
07-14-2005, 06:33 PM
ALL seats on the market must pass absolute safety tests to even be there. There are a few burps in the system that allow some lemons through, but fortunately, things usually run smooth and safe and you can buy what you like without worry :)

Now... I just don't know anyone who owns this seat yet! I've played with it *very* briefly and thought it seems sturdy, and the guy who sells them at the store where I used to work, said he really likes it (after ten years, he can spot a good product... would you believe he doesn't like the Britax Baby Safe? Lots of money does not a good product make...and sure enough, the one mom I know who bought the Baby Safe has had the base break!)

But anyway... I like the LATCH and the seatbelt lockoff on the base (you must use the base with this seat, and you can't use LATCH in the center of most cars, so having a built in lockoff is a VERY good feature). And other than that, I'm just not sure how it stacks up in real life use. But Compasses other products are all quite good, and I have faith that this one is fine, too.

Other than that? The Baby Trend Latch-loc adjustable base seat is really nice and a low price, the Graco Snugride (the 22 pound version...harder to find, but IS out there) is tried and true, and the Chicco Key Fit is coming to market soon, and that's a really nice seat.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

hmseyer21
07-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Thank you for your input. I really like the seat, but will do a little more searching to make sure it is the one I want to purchase. :)