PDA

View Full Version : Reclining car seat

mom2aidan
07-14-2005, 09:14 PM
A friend of my DH suggested to us to get the Evenflo carseat(convertible) bec you can recline it forward facing? I'm so confused by that bec I thought you're not supposed to recline the seat once a child is forward facing. Apparently, she said her daughter can take naps better that way.
And my DH still thinks we should be able to recline our carseat now that our DS is forward facing.
By the way, I didn't listen to his friend. I ended up getting a Britax Marathon. But I thought I'd ask this question here about reclining the car seat.
TIA!

Joolsplus2
07-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah, the Triumph has four reclines for the FF position. Supposedly they DO test each recline position for safety, but generally it's better to spread crash forces out as evenly as possible by leaving the seat in the upright position. The Marathon is pretty reclined in the FF, upright position anyway... if your kiddo still needs more recline, it CAN be installed FF reclined up to 33 pounds, but it'd just be safer to install it RF and reclined if he is still sleeping and flopping over a lot.

:)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mom2aidan
07-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks Julie! As always, you're very helpful!

MamaParis
07-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Just me Hijacking another post Julie! lol :)

So, Julie, what do you think of the Maxi Cosi Priori being reclined?

My DD rides in that seat in my parents vehicle (DS gets the EB 3 in 1) - and DD is ALWAYS wanting her seat reclined - I think she's just used to always RF in my and DHs cars that she prefers the seat reclined.

So, is it safer to let her sit in that seat reclined or should I be making her stay upright?

I just always assumed that it was crash tested and safe to use it that way since it is a FF only seat with like 5 recline positions!

What are you thoughts?

She doesn't ride with them every day - maybe once a week - mostly just for day trips to the zoo and so on as well.