PDA

View Full Version : Which Britax to get....new one for 4 yr old or new one for newborn?

jenfed1
07-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Right now I have my almost 4 yr old in a Britax marathon which I really like. She's of average height and weight...I think she weights about 33 pounds right now. So she can ride in the Marathon for several more years, I'm sure. I was thinking of getting my 3 month old a Marathon or Decathlon for when she outgrows the infant seat. Here's my dilemma...should I just get my 4 year old a Husky and then give my newborn the Marathon? They seem to be about the same price. I don't need the rear facing option for my 4 yr old, so maybe the Husky would be better?

Any opinions on what to do would be appreciated!!

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
07-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Do you know when your marathon expires? most last for aprox 6 years depending on when you got it.

when i know this info i will tell you what i suggest that you do

jenfed1
07-15-2005, 09:19 PM
I got it this time last year...I'm not sure the exp. date...do I have to take out the seat to see the exp. date?

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
07-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Oh i was asking because if you had bought it when your four year old was a baby it would be a different story. Your carseat should have about 5 years left on it. Since you have so much longer with this marathon i would get your older child a husky and give your baby the marathon. If you would be able to wait a month or two the regent is coming out which will replace the husky. it has all the same specs but more cover choices, if you do not care about the covers then i would say go for the husky. you should be able to get a husky for about $200 because of the regent coming out, someone here should be able to help you out with a coupon code for a internet store.

hth

let me know if you have any other questions

jenfed1
07-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks...I have time...my 3 month old is little (10 1/2 pounds) but I wanted to start thinking about when I move her into a convertible. Maybe I will wait for the Regent. I was initially just going to get another Marathon and then I realized I don't need the rear facing feature and that maybe a bigger seat would make more sense.

I hope my 4 year old doesn't mind giving up her "cat carseat" - we have the cute artic cat fabric...

Thanks for your help.