PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Graco Platinum Cargo Booster?

darasl
07-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Just picked up this seat and debating on keeping it or not. Dn't have the newest Baby Bargins book and wanted to hear from you guys what you thought about it. I hear it is narrow and the straps hard to deal with... but for the price???

Thanks,

Darlene
(wanted for second car with a 15 mo old boy)

DebbieJ
07-18-2005, 11:41 AM
It's FF only, so it won't work if you still have your ds RF.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

darasl
07-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Yes that is correct it is FF. My son is FF now so that isn't an issue. thanks!
Did you look into it.. or own it?

DebbieJ
07-18-2005, 12:51 PM
I used to watch my nephew a lot and asked here about what seat to buy for him. He is 3.5 yo and about 33 lbs.

Julie (joolsplus) recommended the Graco CarGo series for him. We actually never ended up getting one b/c my sister decided to start working from home instead.

I'm not sure how it would work with a younger babe.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

jasmine
07-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi,

I have this carseat in my car because DS outgrew his roundabouts (he is almost 4) and I happened to find one at TRU on sale for $30. I had a heck of a time getting it tight in the car until Julie (joolsplus) gave me a great hint on how to do so in my crv. After that it has been rock solid. I don't mind the straps as much as I thought I would, especially if I place the straps in the right location before DS jumps in. DS loves all the little holders.

With that said, I did buy a Britax Marathon for DH's car. His is a sedan and the back seats in his car do not tilt, so I wasn't sure how to get a tight fit with the graco. Plus I wanted one easy to install seat in the house in case we had to move it around.

Of the 2 seats, DS likes the graco better. The marathon has the "hugs" that he doesn't like. He always says it is too tight when I buckle him in and it really isn't. He never used to complain about that in his roundabouts.

HTH,

JElaineB
07-19-2005, 10:58 PM
We just got a Graco Cherised CarGo for DS. One step down in accessories than the Platnium, but I think it is the same seat. It is somewhat narrow, I was surprised. It is narrower than the convertible Graco ComfortSport which he just outgrew heightwise. The straps seem fine though. And DS was sitting in the Cargo (in our living room) all weekend, happy with his new carseat. I asked on the Toddler boards and the Marathon does have higher top harness slots. I went with the CarGo based on price, considering this is a third carseat (for MIL's car). Plus DS is (I think) just under 30 lbs. at almost 3 years old so we have a ways to go before he hits the 40 lb. harnessed limit of the Cargo. If you DS is in higher percentiles weight-wise (or height-wise) it might be worth it to buy a Marathon now so you don't have to spend more money if he outgrows the harness of the CarGo (40 lbs.) before he is ready for a true booster (from what I have read and my own observations with DS that is probably not until at least 4 years old, even though all the boosters seem to say age 3 is ok).

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Niki_n_Abby
07-20-2005, 09:41 AM
I have a Plat. Cargo for my 2.5 year old and really like it. It is used in my moms car and we have a Roundabout in our car. Of the 2 seats, dd is more comfortable in the Cargo. She has a lot more room in it then she currnetly does in the Roundabout and is much more comfortable.

I would only get the Plat. version my self. It is the only one with engough padding IMO. The straps have not been a problem.

Overall, i really like the seat.

Niki