PDA

View Full Version : Baby Boy growing so fast - need opinions on seats!

swrenak
07-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi, first time poster, so I'm not sure about all the abbreviations, etc., so please bear with me.
We have a Britax Roundabout for my petite 3 year, 1 month daughter (29 lbs, 37 inches). It still fits her fine, but her big baby brother (nearing 20 lbs at almost 4 mos) will outgrow his infant seat (up to 22 lbs) soon. I'm thinking we should get a new Britax Marathon and put my daughter in it and put my son in her Roundabout. Hopefully by the time he reaches 40 lbs, she will be 6 yrs and ready for a booster, so he can then have the Marathon. Does this idea seem reasonable?
I know the Britax's are pricey, but considering the car seat is used nearly everyday for years, it is absolutely worth getting a better one. We have a comfortsport in my husband's vehicle - it gets the job done, but is no where near as nice.
Also, the Roundabout has the sandstone cover, and it matches our car interior so well. Is the microdot tan the closest to that of those currently available?
I see some websites are pre-selling 2005 fall carseats. Is there really much difference from year to year or can I just go ahead and get one that is currently available?

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
07-20-2005, 01:23 AM
I think that your current plan- to get a marathon and move your dd into that and move your ds into your dd's roundabout. There are no changes that i know of from this model of the marathon to the 2006, just the different covers. Also right now you can get a marathon for Aprox $200, so this is a good time to buy one.

hth

kijip
07-20-2005, 03:05 AM
Sounds like a great plan. I would get one of the current MA on sale rather than waiting for the pre-order ones. As for cover colors, I don't know since we only have the Funky Denim and the New Blues.