PDA

View Full Version : Need an inexpensive convertible car seat with adjustable harness?

cdlamis
07-20-2005, 07:30 PM
By adjustable, I mean a harness that can be raised or lowered by something like a knob instead of having to re-thread the whole thing. The reason is because we are buying this car seat for my MIL who will be using it for Isabella once a week but also for her other grandchildren occasionally and will need to easily adjust the height to accomodate them.
Any ideas? TIA~

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
07-20-2005, 10:57 PM
The only seats that i know of that you can adjust the harness hight without having to rethread the harness are the britax Boulevard and Wizard. At this time the wizard is being discontinued and being replaced witht the boulevard. This seat is expensive but if it will be used by many different children maybe you could split the price or something. I do not know of any other seats that you can change the harness in this fashion, but i am sure someone here can help with that.

hth

mharling
07-20-2005, 11:01 PM
This is posted in a thread below, but you can get a Wizard from www.babycenter.com for $188.99 and 5% back through Ebates. Also no tax and free shipping. I don't know *how* inexpensive you were looking for, but this is a great deal if it's within your limit.

Mary - Some days work. Some days don't.
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

kijip
07-21-2005, 12:25 AM
That feature is an expensive feature! But if the seat will be shared between many kids its CRITICAL that the straps be able to be easily adjusted so as to ensure correct use. I suggest a clearence Wizard!

Gena
07-21-2005, 07:33 AM
With the Evenflo Triumph you can adjust the harness height without rethreading. It's very easy to do.