PDA

View Full Version : MA lock-off question

daniele_ut
07-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Am I the only one having problems with the RF lock-offs on my MA? I can close the one on the buckle side, barely, and it has stayed closed, but I swear I can still pull the belt through it some. It just doesn't seem secure. On the opposite side where the lap belt and shoulder belt both come out, I can't get the lockoff to close and stay closed. At first it just seemed like the seatbelts were off center in the lock-off and maybe that was the problem. Now, though, the lock-off pops open constantly It is driving me nuts! I re-installed it tonight and gave up on that lock-off. I'm almost to the point of moving it outboard so I can just use LATCH. Do I have a faulty lock-off, or what? This doesn't bother me as much in the van or our Subaru, since they have locking seat belts, but our Jetta doesn't and we'll be getting another MA for that car after the summer.

Here is a pic on the side where I am having problems. See how the belt bunches up at the bottom of the lock-off a bit?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28369.jpg

And here is a pic that shows the whole install. Does the angle look ok?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28371.jpg

Sorry the pics are large!

hipmaman
07-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi,

It might be that you have a faulty lock-off. This can be easily changed and Britax should send you a new lock-off. Just call them.

The other thing that I am thinking of is the seatbelt looks like it is 'rubbing' onto the locking tongue (I dont' know what to call it :)), so it might be pushed into an unlatching position and making your lock-off easy to pop off. Do I make sense to you? :)

But if it happens in all three vehicles, then it might be faulty.

daniele_ut
07-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Tam,
I do see what you mean about the belt rubbing there. The belt is just SO tight and at just the right angle to sit in the lock-off that way. I can't really move it out of the way of the tongue. We are away from home for an extended period with just the van, so I won't be able to test it in the other 2 cars till the middle of August. I guess if we still have problems then I will call for another lock-off then!