PDA

View Full Version : Any Mercury Monterey owner with a RF Marathon?

mom2binsd
07-20-2005, 11:41 PM
We ended up with a minivan (never thought that would happen!-actually DH was the one who spotted it at the dealership) so our DD is RF in her Marathon and I'd like to tether it, there is small bar under the back bucket seat where her seat is installed (it is used to remove the seat totally, but it itself doesn't move, its like a handle, but heavy, thick steel- can you tether to there????) I can't find anything to tether to the seat infront, if the front seat hadn't been electric there'd be a tether, but for some reason if the front seat is electric they don't put a tether there- not sure why? Anyway, just thought someone might be able to help and hopefully understand this message

Thanks!

murphydog77
07-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Hi Beth. Welcome to the world of minivans! Even though the front seat is electric, it still is on a track. Move the seat all the way forward and see if the track if set all the way down on the floor or if it has feet that you can wrap the tether connector strap around. You might need to remove a plastic piece if necessary; usually these just snap right off and can be put back on--I'll let you make that judgement call. You can also tether to the buckle stalk if it's attached to the floor.

As for the bar, hmmmm, that's a good question. It might be OK if it doesn't move at all and it keeps the tether in a vertical position. You don't want the tether to go down and under the vehicle seat that the car seat is installed on.

HTH!

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com