PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Belly Pad

tobycat
07-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Am I doing something wrong? Everytime I unbuckle DD and lift her out of the Marathon, the belly pad gets stuck in between her legs and then falls on the ground. Am I supposed to just take the belly pad off before I take her out?

Any suggestions short of sprouting another hand (which might actually be useful, odd, but useful).

MamaParis
07-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Nah! its just something that the older Marathons do! The hole opening is just bigger than the buckle so it falls off easily.

On my 2 year old Marathon it falls off all the time (been lost about 3 times already) but on my newest one its on there TIGHT! I had to really force it over the buckle to take it off to wash the seat! ;)

Maybe you could just sew it a little - to make the opeining smaller or maybe just get a new pad from Britax and hope that its got teh smaller opening ?

Otherwise its a pretty common complaint

tobycat
07-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Hmmmm... I am going to have to look at the date on my Marathon. I just bought it from Albee Baby who claimed it was a 2005 model. Although, the Mauvelous fabric is older, so maybe that is the problem.

Thanks!

kellyotn
07-21-2005, 02:36 PM
I took two thin black ponytail elastics (basically just cotton coated rubberbands) and strung them together. Looped one end through the Belly Pad, and the other thru the little gap underneath the buckle (the "loop" of the strap that holds the buckle on).

It still falls off, but not to the floor or outside. The 3rd or 4th time I found them outside the car was when I rigged this up.

DebbieJ
07-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Mine falls off too. I have a 2003 MA (Artic Cat). My sister's 2005 Marathon (Granite, I think) does not have this problem. I could barely pull her belly pad off when I was showing her how to install it and stuff.

I love the elastic solution. What a great idea!!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

emschwar
07-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Ours falls off too. I just stopped using it.