PDA

View Full Version : Graco Snugride in Metropolitian-anyone?

hannahbear
07-21-2005, 06:55 PM
I am purchasing a Peg Perego stroller but am going to go with a snug ride and the Metropolitian fabric with the gracopedic foam is the one that best matches the stroller and has all the features I am looking for. However, I haven't been too lucky finding this specific fabric in stores and was just wondering about people's experiences with it. I have read one review about the heat it absorbs due to it's color and texture, however I have pretty much read that about every car seat I've come across.

Any experiences or comments about this? I was just wondering if you own one what your opinion is.

Thanks,
Hanaa
*surprise*

melbb
07-21-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't have one but have been considering one. The snugride is a popular infant seat, so you can't go wrong with one, but I cannot comment on the fabric. babycenter.com has the ones with the higher weight/height limits. I understand they are difficult to find locally for a lot of people. Sorry I cannot help more.

kijip
07-22-2005, 12:22 AM
It is hard to find locally!

I have never had one but a friend with one said that the foam made her son very hot and she switched him to a convertible seat sooner to keep him cooler. However, I noticed that your baby is due in the fall. Maybe the warmth would be an advantage for the fall and winter month if you live in a colder climate?

ThomasJ
07-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Hello, first post here. :)

Our first child is due mid-August, and we've really been holding out for the 22lb snugrides.

All I see at BRU are literally hundreds of 20lb ones stacked and crammed in every nook and cranny of the store (and that's what's "out in front", no telling how many are in the back)...I thought they'd never exhaust that stock.

Well, you can now get a 22lb Snugride at BRU...with a catch.

Just this week, Graco released their new Mosaic travel system line, which does have the 22lb Snugrides, so we got that...just in time, too.

I've read bad things about Graco stollers here, but it was worth it for us to get the 22lb SR, so we'll see how the new Mosaic stroller works out - and I'll post here. $199 for the Mosaic isn't too far off from the cost of a stand-alone SR plus a Snugrider or Snap N' Go.

-Thomas

rrkalina
07-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Hanaa,

We have the SungRide Metropolitan for our son who was born at the end of May. I, too, was concerned about the seat making him sweaty, but we got the Zooper Waltz in black/silver, and it matched well. Plus, like you, I liked the gracopedic foam.

I don't have anything to compare it to, since he's my first and I don't know how he'd be in other car seats. But for the most part he doesn't get overly sweaty. If he's been in it awhile (I don't usually keep him in it when we're running errands--I'll either put him in a front carrier or just in his stroller directly), his back may be a little moist, but not too bad. He will get sweaty of he's been crying in it, but I think that's because he's worked himself up so much and he'd sweat in any car seat.

I will say that the fabric cleans REALLY easily!! Stains just wipe off with a sponge and warm water! We're constantly cleaning spit up off the seat, and we had an incident where poop leaked out of his diaper and both cleaned up REALLY easily.

So all in all I don't think it's made him too hot. Plus, since your baby is due in October, I think that will help, too. But, like I said, it's the only car seat I have so I don't have anything to compare it to!

~Kyle
Gavin 5/26/05

AmyN
07-24-2005, 03:15 PM
I have both the Peg stroller and Metroplitian Snugride. My daughter was born in March so using the Snugride all summer, and it has been a HOT one here where we live. It does not seem like she is ever sweaty or overly hot in her seat. I do notice her back being a little moist at times, but so is mine at times. I don't think this should be a problem for you.