PDA

View Full Version : BaBaSeatskins car seat covers

supercalifragilous
07-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Has anyone used these? Any feedback?

http://babaseatskins.com/

They're very pricey and seem very luxurious but I was wondering about the safety aspects of it.....

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
07-22-2005, 11:13 AM
I would not imagine that these could be safe. They are an aftermarket product not made by the manufacturer, and if anything happened to your car seat in a crash your warenty is void, and the car seat manufacturer has no responsibility. As a mater of fact i think that something like this would get very hot when you put your child in their carseat with this and then you put the heat on in your car, and it is not a blanket that you can just take on and off. If it gets so cold in your state I reccomend just buying a fleece blanket and sweater because it keeps you warm without interfeering with the harness and the blanket to wrap around the child when you are done securing their harness etc.

07-22-2005, 11:13 AM
I would not imagine that these could be safe. They are an aftermarket product not made by the manufacturer, and if anything happened to your car seat in a crash your warenty is void, and the car seat manufacturer has no responsibility. As a mater of fact i think that something like this would get very hot when you put your child in their carseat with this and then you put the heat on in your car, and it is not a blanket that you can just take on and off. If it gets so cold in your state I reccomend just buying a fleece blanket and sweater because it keeps you warm without interfeering with the harness and the blanket to wrap around the child when you are done securing their harness etc.

07-22-2005, 11:14 AM

supercalifragilous
07-23-2005, 02:16 AM
You have a point - It was actually on the CBS Early Show in a segment called "Treat baby like a celebrity." Now that I read that segment again (b/c I'm thinking, how can they recommend something that's not safe?) it says that it is "FAA fireproof certified" (whatever that is), which has nothing to do with carseat safety. If the plane is on fire, the last thing I'm going to worry about is if the dang carseat cover is FAA fireproof certified. LOL!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/19/earlyshow/contributors/lauriehibberd/main689207.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories

Anyhoo, thanks for the feedback! I'll just stick to my ol' boring Britax cover instead!