PDA

View Full Version : reusing snugride for baby#3??

JenaW
07-22-2005, 11:59 AM
I am having my third child in as many years (due in December), so my sungride is not even three years old yet. DS used it for about 5 months, DD for about 9. I got new straps for DD and have washed the seat cover several times but it still looks NASTY and I do not want to reuse it for this baby. However, DH doesn't really want to buy an entirely brand new car seat if this one is still good (which I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be since it is not that old). Does anyone have any experience with new seat covers for the snugride? i.e. how easy are they to get and install? Can you get a new hood cover too, as that is a bit dirty as well, and can't be removed from the frame to wash. Or should we just buy a new infant seat all together. I doubt we are done having kids, so if we get a new one it is not like it won't get more use in the future.

Thanks!

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03 & Madigan ~ 09.28.04

DebbieJ
07-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Your Snugride is still fine to use. Car seats have a life of six years from the date of manufacture, after which they should be destroyed.

You can probably order a new cover and hood from www.gracobaby.com

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

Tondi G
07-22-2005, 02:32 PM
I would call Graco and see about a new seatcover and hood. Your seat is still perfectly usable and with new fabric will probably look practically brand new!

Good Luck

~Tondi