PDA

View Full Version : Amazing story

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
07-24-2005, 12:31 AM
I just wanted to post and tell everyone what could have been a horrible story but turned out great. My good friends mother was driving her son home from her office on the freeway. Her mother just bought her son a britax roundabout and the baby was strapped in and secure. She was wearing her seatbelt. She was driving on the freeway in the carpool lane and suddenly the car in front of her swerves to get out of the lane and there is a car stopped there. She slams on her brakes, but when you are going 65 you can not stop that easily or quickly. Her car and the car that she slammed into are TOTALLED! She was wearing her seatbelt, which the doctors told her saved her life because she would have been thrown from the car! She got out of the car and my friends son was sitting in his carseat crying, but he quickly calmed down. The paramedics came and took them to the hospital, the strapped the baby in his car seat to the stretcher, and he was fine. Not one scratch on him! He did not need to have any procedures done at the hospital. On the other hand my friends mother is still in pain and she will have to undergo physical therapy. I am just so thankful that something that could have ended in something much worse ended so nicely. When my friend told me what happened i was so thankful that everything is ok that i wanted to share with everyone!

Thanks for reading and for all your help with any questions i might have :-)

DebbieJ
07-24-2005, 07:55 AM
How scary! I'm so glad everyone is okay!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif