PDA

View Full Version : Anchor point in 2005 Honda Odyssey for RF Decathalon

chowhoundmommy
07-25-2005, 08:03 PM
We installed a RF Decathalon in our Odyssey yesterday. But we couldn't find an anchor point for the tether. What have other people used as their anchor point? We were thinking of using part of the chair rail on the driver's side (on the floor of the car where driver's seat slides forward and backward), but then the tether will move with different drivers moving the seat forward and backward.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Momof3Labs
07-25-2005, 08:20 PM
If you are in the middle row, you should be able to use the anchor point for the forward-facing tether. In our 2003 Odyssey, it is underneath each captain's chair, so reachable for both FF and RF.

hipmaman
07-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Here are some tips for locations http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/isakswings/ratetherrf.html

If you use the chair rail of the front seat, then use the bottom part where it is bolted to the floor, rather than the top part that is movable.

carolines mommy
07-26-2005, 05:56 PM
We have an 05 Ody. Our Marathon is in the captain's chair behind the driver. We tethered it to the anchor point on the back of that captain's chair. The anchor is near the bottom in the middle of what would be the seat portion of the captain's chair if that makes sense. If you push that captain's chair all the way forward and look at the back you'll see the anchor point. When threading the tether under the seat make sure it isn't over the seat adjuster bar. The tether will rest up against the seat. HTH.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

hipmaman
07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
I thought there was a discussion that Britax had recently said not to rf tether to the same seat. Unless that has been resolved and okay to rf to the same seat, hence I tend to shy away from doing or suggesting that. Maybe other techs will chime in with what they know.

o_mom
07-31-2005, 07:32 PM
>I thought there was a discussion that Britax had recently
>said not to rf tether to the same seat. Unless that has been
>resolved and okay to rf to the same seat, hence I tend to shy
>away from doing or suggesting that. Maybe other techs will
>chime in with what they know.

Just bumping this up to see if anyone has an answer? We are getting close to moving DS2 into DS1's RA (and deciding if we can stomach the DC fabrics or the MA adjuster - can you say yuck? Give me Denim!)

We have a 2002 Oddyssey and had previously tethered RF to the anchor point on that seat as shown on the example page that was mentioned earlier.

Thanks!

carolines mommy
07-31-2005, 08:01 PM
I can't find anything on the Britax website or in the manual to that effect. I do remember asking where to tether the MA rf when I bought my Ody last Nov and Julie said to look for that tether anchor on the seat. Someone please clarify!

Erika

murphydog77
08-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Britax did clarify earlier this year that tethering to a built-in tether anchor underneath the vehicle seat the car seat is installed on is not allowed. It's an installation that they haven't tested and they don't know what will happen when the tether is at that angle.

Like Tam said, it's best to find a stationary location under the front seats to tether to. If you can't, then the fursthest back I would tether to would be the front leg of the vehicle seat the car seat is installed on. Doing that would put the tether in a more or less straight down angle rather than down and under angle that going to the tether anchor would do. KWIM?

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com

carolines mommy
08-01-2005, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the clarification! I'll remember that when it's time to install dd2s seat.

Erika