PDA

View Full Version : Marathon or Roundabout

HIU8
07-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Quick question...

DS is 8 months old. We have a Marathon in my car. We are getting a second carseat for DH car--can't decide between a marathon or a roundabout. Already wen the Scenera route--hard to find. I've spend the cost of the more expensive seat in time wasted looking for the Scenera.

Anyway, we are planning on DC #2 within the next 2.5 years and will probably end up using the new carseat for DC #2 instead of an infant carrier (I hated the infant carrier idea altogether). Knowing that the new carseat will expire in 2011 and we will probably start using it for DC #2 in 2007, will a roundabout last a child to the age of 4 (generally) or are we better off just getting a Marathon? My issue is that if DC #2 still is within the limits, I want to keep him/her in a rearfacing 5 pt. restraint as long as possible. That means that when the marathon expires we will need to get another convertible seat with high height/weight limit after this one expires.

I'm trying to do the puzzle and figure out the logistics and economics of all this, and I want to order a Britax before the price goes up on 8/1.

Sorry this is confusing.

Heather

DS #1 is 30ish inches and roughly 18 #s.

Joolsplus2
07-27-2005, 08:50 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with the Roundabout in that case...you'll get plenty of use out of it, especially if your kids aren't huge (even my tallish dd was barely too tall for the RA when she was 5 and 37 pounds, for what it's worth...). It's a little easier to travel with and move from car to car. And there are new seats coming out with higher weight limits that should be "tried and true" in a couple years that you can choose among. Check www.couponsurfers.com to see if there are any bargains better than about $160 on the RA.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

DebbieJ
07-27-2005, 08:58 AM
I found the RA for $149.99 (in Patches only) and the MA for $189.90 (New Blues only) at Albee Baby. Free shipping!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

daniele_ut
07-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks for posting that awesome deal! Patches was the one RA that we both really liked and I have been having the same dilemma as the OP about MA vs RA for the second car. I just went ahead and took the plunge and ordered it. I really didn't want to wait and get stuck paying full price in a few weeks when we need it. Thankfully DH will be out of town when it arrives and I can pack it under a bunch of stuff in the van before he gets back for us to drive back to Utah. He won't even notice it, I hope!