PDA

View Full Version : graco snugride

Maayan
07-27-2005, 04:50 PM
What is the gracopedic in a carseat. Does it make a big diffrence if I buy one with or without it??

Joolsplus2
07-27-2005, 08:06 PM
It's that super duper squishy thick "memory foam" and it's in the bum and back. It's awefully nice, but *most* babies don't seem to care much whether they have a lot or a little padding, and the models with the foam tend to make the seat "smaller" and babies can outgrow it younger than models without the foam (it's quite thick and pushes the bum up so the head gets to the top of the seat younger). It's a tough call whether it's worth it... especially since you don't have the baby yet to try it out!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

MamaParis
07-27-2005, 10:43 PM
My kids HATED our snugride without the butt padding ... and loved our Designer 22 and Primo Viaggio (which had the bum padding).

IMO its worth it. Otherwise its just a piece of barely padded material over a hard plastic shell. I'm sure it bugs me more than the average child - but my kids DESPISED the Snugride we had - and I suspect thats why.

I personally find it REALLY sad that Graco only offers the gracopedic foam only on the $120+ models and not the $70 models ... is that foam REALLY worth $50??? Nah!
But what bugs me is that apparently Graco realizes that their regular snugrides SUCK in the padding dept - so they make consumers PAY to keep the baby more comfy.
I'm sure it costs them $2 - if that much - yet they don't put it on all their seats??

Turds!

Joolsplus2
07-28-2005, 07:00 AM
<clap clap clap> Hear, Hear...I agree.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Maayan
07-28-2005, 02:03 PM
I was at babiesrus today and if I am not mistaken I saw an $80 one with the padding but it was a hidious pattern. I still have a while to go before I need to buy the car seat as I am still researching it, I guess I will wait for a sale.

MamaParis
07-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Mayfair?
The black and white swirly pattern?
That one is on sale at ours too - I think its a discontinued pattern actually ... but yes, it has the nice bum padding.

I actually liked the mayfair pattern! ;) It wasn't your run of the mill "blah" carseat cover.
But this is coming from the woman who has COWMOOFLAGE seats all over her car! lol ;)

OOOHHH and I'm so excited to see there is a new ZEBRA marathon cover!!! Talk about a PERFECT complement to the Maxi Cosi Priori we have! ;) ... but I digress ...

FWIW: The Baby Trend Latch Loc 22 seat has decent padding, HIGH weight/height limits, easy to adjust harness level and tightness, EPS foam!! WHOO HOO! ANd its like $70!
I rather fancy that one .. not sure why, maybe its the rigid LATCH that I like .. but once again ... I digress ...

Maayan
07-28-2005, 03:52 PM
I found that the babytrend one looked very narrow, and it only came in two patterns that I really did not like. Maybe they will come out with some more new ones by the time I need to buy one.