PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Husky vs. Marathon

LisaMom2Allie
07-28-2005, 10:35 PM
We currently have a MA in my Suburban and love it but my husband is getting a Subaru for a commuter car so I am trying to decide if I should move the MA into the Subaru and get a Husky for the Suburban or just get another MA?
I haven't seen a Husky in person, my only complaint about the Marathon is that it sits up so high on the base and I know that the Husky dosen't have a base. The size of the Husky shouldn't be a problem in the Suburban-would it be a good seat that will definitely last my daughter a long time?
She is 2 years 4 months old and weighs 32 pounds and is 37 inches tall. Her shoulders are already past the top notch in the Evenflo Titan 5 that is in my mothers car that is supposed to be up to 40 inches and 40 pounds and she is looking tall in the Marathon.
I guess I am wondering if the Husky is just too much seat and will she get "lost" in it or is it a smart move because it would last her a long time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

Joolsplus2
07-29-2005, 07:21 AM
It sounds like she's going to be an awfully tall girl, and you might get the most use out of a Husky :). It's quite a large seat, but would fit either of your cars fine (down the road when the MA is too small, I'm thinking it could go in the Subaru...), and it's comfy and easy to buckle and all that...not to mention really easy for a younger kid to crawl up into themselves.

My almost 8 yo adores his Husky, and my almost 6 yo will be getting one soon when she's too tall for her Marathon (any month now)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx