PDA

View Full Version : BV fabric: Park avenue or brownstone?

Hippoharbor
07-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Being a new mommy, I am a little uncertain as to which fabric would be best chosen for DS. I kind of like the brownstone b/c it isn't very busy, but do you think that it would be more difficult to keep clean-looking than the park avenue fabric (my second choice for fabric)?

Sorry, I would have posted a link of both fabrics but I do not know how to do that just yet. TIA.

Michelle

ETA: a PP stated that the Park Avenue looked darker in person and was ugly...any of the new owners of this fabric agree or do you like your purchase?

Blue Jeans Mama
07-30-2005, 01:09 PM
What color are the interiors of your car???

I guess I would go with what matches my car the best. ONe is brown and the other is grey. One should match better than the other I would think.

As for keeping clean. I don't know what to say ours is not that dirty YET LOL but from what I have heard britax fabrics are pretty good and easy to clean. I haven't seen either of your choices IRL

Good Luck And which ever you get post pictures here for all of us to see. BTW the BV is a GREAT seat.

Cathy

randomkid
07-30-2005, 08:34 PM
I posted that the real color is darker, but I didn't say ugly. I was just disappointed. Online it looks like there is more teal or blue green in it. Some of the stripes do have a teal tint, but it is more on the gray side. The actual colors are more gray/brown/black. It still looks nice, but it doesn't look like it does on the websites. Funny thing is, the pictures in the manual look just like the seat IRL. Figure that one out.

My only concern about this fabric is that darker colors seem to show spitup, drool, etc. more than lighter patterned fabrics. I think either would be fine. As the PP said, you can take everything off this seat and clean it.

HTH,