PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed about COWMOOFLAUGE print

IVFMiracle05
08-06-2005, 11:08 AM
I need advice and my DH is NO help at all. He keeps saying, "Whatever you want is fine." UGH... Anyway, I'm going to by a MA but am wondering about this print. Do you think I will tire of looking at it? Right now I think it's cute but wonder about it long term. The other one is denim that I'm thinking about. Do you girls (and guys) have any advice or insight into my decision? Anyone own this print that maybe has pics of it?
Any help would be greatly apprieciated as I am trying to decide before the sales end!
Tamara and Kylee (6 1/2 months) and outgrown her Snugride.

MamaParis
08-06-2005, 11:51 AM
We LOVE LOVE LOVE ... LOVE LOVE LOVE ... LOVE LOVE LOVE our Cowmooflage seats! ;)

We have 2 Marathons and a Roundabout in Cowmooflage and IMO it NEVER gets old!

We've had Cowmooflage in the car for over 2.5 years now and my DD LOVES her "cow-seat".

IMO it makes it more fun for the kids to have a fun and different car seat aside from the boring "car interior friendly" colors and fabrics that most seats come in.

The Cowmooflage is definatley the softest fabric that we have owned or tried or touched from Britax and after 2.5 years old CONSTANT use it still looks brand new. Washes up really nice! We've puked, pooped, spilled juice/milk/water/GRAPE juice in it and there isn't a single stain on the cover!

It is sorta a "dirty cow" print. Its not bright white with black spots - its more of eggshell white with black spots with "veins" of brown and tan running through it - its a very "real" looking cow print.

I don't have full shots of it - but here are some close ups I happen to have readily available ... I can get those full shots later on today thoughm if not one else posts any pics for ya! :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/mamaparis/IMG_0416.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/mamaparis/IMG_0425.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/mamaparis/IMG_0417.jpg

MamaParis
08-06-2005, 11:52 AM
sorry, those were HUGE ... I've gotta figure out how to shrink them! sorry!!!

em_jon98
08-06-2005, 02:48 PM
I totally agree with the above...I was reluctant to get this print when we replaced our Marathon after an accident earlier this summer, but DD really wanted it. I wanted the Ashley Floral, but she kept asking for "the cow seat" when we looked at the pictures on the internet. Julie (Jools) brought up the fact that her Cowmooflage print tends to hide stains better than some of her other prints, and after looking at the replacement cover at our local Right Start, I could see that she was probably right about this.

The above pictures, while large, do give a great representation of the print...it is more of a cream background, not at all white, with brownish tan "flecks" running over it next to the black spots. It looks so much nicer than our old Colonial Blue cover, which I did like because it was sort of soft, but it was a smoky blue color and always tended to look dingy. The Cowmooflage is big, bright, and fun, and really lights up the car.

houseof3boys
08-06-2005, 02:54 PM
We love ours on our RA and I just ordered a MA with the print too 2 years later! :)

Go for it.

Tondi G
08-06-2005, 04:05 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE our cowmooflauge RA!!!! Can't wait to put it in my car for my little guy.... not too far off cause he is growing fast! I am considering buying a second Cow cover for the MA in my car that our first rides in.... I'd love the seats to match!!!!!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

murpheyblue
08-06-2005, 06:40 PM
We just bought a new Marathon after an accident and got the cowmooflage. It's a fun print but the best part about it is that DD LOVES to sit in it. Everytime we're going to get in the car she says "sit cow" (translation - sit in the cow) over and over. That's enough of a selling point for me.

Momof3Labs
08-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Love it!! Our cow RA has been in use for over 2.5 years, and when I had to replace it (tall toddler), I went with a cow MA for DS!

MamaParis
08-07-2005, 06:48 AM
I've uploaded more to my photobucket site ...

http://photobucket.com/albums/y215/mamaparis

I have no idea how to UN-huge the pics ... so I won't even attempt it! ;)

P

nov02mom
08-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Another lover of Cow here! We had RA's in Cow, and just got MA's!!! I love it, my DH doesn't hate it, and Jacob thinks it's great that he has a "cow seatbelt" (that's what he calls carseats!)

cleo27
08-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Wow, all of these wonderful reviews make me wish I had gotten that instead of the grey/blue houndstooth (I think). It is nice, but kind of bland. I think DD would love the cowmooflage when she gets a little older. How much for a replacement cover? LOL!