PDA

View Full Version : Just turning dd from RF to FF-- what about recline of vehicle seat?

swampus
08-06-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm hoping someone with some expertise can help me here--we're just turning our 30 lb, 2yo dd around to be FF. We have LATCH; 2005 T&C minivan--bucket seat.

Okay, so I have it in and it's rock solid (dontcha just love that LATCH!). But I'm not sure about the reline of the vehicle seatback. I tried having it sit straight up, but the Britax WZ seemed to have to be pushed too far up on the vehicle seat cushion (leaving a good 6 inches from the base to the anchors, and, well--it just looked wrong to me!). I guess I'm just used to RF, though.

I've looked through the manual and can't find anything that specifically mentions this. How we left it is to recline the vehicle seatback a little (just a click). Does that sound right to you? Also--we did click the WZ up to the most upright position--not reclined like it was RF.

thanks so much!

Joolsplus2
08-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Yup, it's ok to recline the vehicle seatback a notch or two to make the seat fit so it looks "right" (I know exactly what you mean, LOL)...and can your vehicle seat headrests remove? If they can, you can take them out and store them in the garage, and that will make the seat fit better, too...but if not don't worry about it :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

swampus
08-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Thank you! I felt pretty "okay" about it, since the seat was locked in so tight... but I just wanted to doublecheck with an expert. :) I really appreciate the reply!