PDA

View Full Version : ?? about Husky Install in 3rd row minivan seat...

nbrackman
08-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Hi all!

I just installed my Husky on the passenger side of the 3rd row seat of my 2003 Ford Windstar.

I couldn't get a great tight fit with LATCH so I used the long route seatbelt method. It seems to have worked really well, because there was *just* enough length in the seatbelt when I sat in the seat to click it into the seatbelt receiver.

I didn't use the recline bar, and I tethered it snugly.

So the question is, is it okay that there was no extra length in the seatbelt *at all* to pull it even tighter? Will that compromise the integrity of the hold on the seat if it's (G-d forbid) in an accident because the belt is all the way out?

The way it is now feels rock solid because I had to sit in the seat to get it to click in (and I'm 9 months pregnant). But I want to make sure this is okay.

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
08-07-2005, 09:49 AM
No worries on that seatbelt. It's designed to hold up to 6000 pounds of force (ok, there's something way more scientific to that, but I can't explain it...it can DEFINITELY hold a very very large man without breaking in a crash, anyway!), and pulling it to the max isn't going to be even the slightest problem.
Glad you got it in! Does your dd like it?

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

nbrackman
08-07-2005, 10:14 AM
She loves it! We made a deal that she could pick the color (luckily for me she liked the Marina blue because that's the one Carrie had for me!) and she could put stickers all over it.

So the other day I went out to Michael's and spent $5 on Hello Kitty, My Little Pony, Disney Princess, hearts, flowers, etc. stickers and she had a blast sticking them all over the seat.

She's happy, I'm happy, and she's safer. Plus stickers are easy to replace when they invariably fall off!

We're calling it the "Princess Throne" so she thinks that's very cool. It's all in the marketing, lol.

Now, dh doesn't realize he's not going to be able to just take the thing out to fold down the back seat whenever he wants to go to home depot....that'll come as a shock! LOL. But he agreed this was the safest choice so he can't complain!

Joolsplus2
08-08-2005, 07:15 AM
Ooooh...good idea about the stickers! My dd is about to outgrow her Ashley Floral MA, and get put into a Marina Husky, and she's been in tears at the prospect several times already :(...so we're going to need "a little something special" to ease her into the Husky, I think.

Awww....poor DH... ;)...you might just have to teach him how to install that beast :D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx