PDA

View Full Version : the "THANK YOU joolsplus2!" thread

zen_bliss
08-08-2005, 01:59 AM
she has tirelessly offered so much support here, i thought it would be nice if she got a little appreciative 'standing ovation' of sorts. i am so grateful for all her expertise and input.

here's my story. if not for jools, i would not have known that there was such a thing as a tether for my 91 volvo... and she even looked up and PROVIDED THE OBSCURE MANUFACTURER PART #!!! there's no way my repair shop could have found it for me without that number! they were very, very impressed and asked how i got it. the bag with the tether mount still had the original, yellowed 15 year old sticker on it, lol.

ellies mom
08-08-2005, 02:35 AM
Yes, thank you very much for your endless help and patience. We are very lucky to have you and the other CPS techs on this board to help us.

Joolsplus2
08-08-2005, 07:01 AM
Oh, that is so awesome you got your tether anchor!

And I most humbly accept your kind words of appreciation. I just love this board...I don't even know what to say!

:) :) :) :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

p.s. I can, at least, pass along some big 'thank yous' to everyone who does all the work making up the LATCH/tether manual and the fabulous webpages I'm always linking to... I stand on the shoulders of giants!

MamaParis
08-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Julie rocks!

kimbe
08-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Thank you to Julie and all the other techs.
I have gotten so much information here and I know that I will get more in the future. DH and I have learned a lot about carseat safety! I wish that everyone who has a kid in a seat would read this board!

THANKS AGAIN!

DebbieJ
08-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Julie and our other techs are awesome. I'm now known as the "carseat freak" around here b/c I'm always spouting the info I've learned from these boards. :)

And my ds loves his Marathon, which I probably would have never bought if I didn't read these boards.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

heatherlynn
08-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Julie and to the other car seat techs! The information is just sooo helpful.

Thanks again!!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05 (it's a girl!)

Katia
08-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Another thank you to Julie! My DS is still happily RF in a tethered Britax -- and I am so grateful for everything I've learned from Julie and the other techs on this board. Your contribution is invaluable!

Katia
DS 2003

cdlamis
08-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Yes- she is great! Thanks for thinking of this.

Julie- you are always the first to reply to my questions. And you paired me up with a great tech here in Arizona. Thank you! You are a WONDERFUL asset to this board.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

houseof3boys
08-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Big Thank you! These boards are where I learn most of my information on car seat safety and it is almost always from joolsplus2. :)

mariza
08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Count me among the grateful and proud owner of a Britax Marathon and Roundabout- which we'll be installing this weekend, so yes, I am most humbley kissing up in preparation for lots of questions! I know as always, Julie will be here to answer with patience! (although I must admit DH has a pretty good grasp on the Roundabout)
Thanks Julie!!!

stillplayswithbarbies
08-08-2005, 09:06 PM
I'll add a big "thank you" to Julie too. Just think of the hundreds (thousands?) of children who are riding safely because of something you posted here or on other boards!

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-08-2005, 09:46 PM
and I always get some major comfort to know she is here for us and our questions!!!!

Thanks Zen for the thread so that we can make sure she knows it!!!!

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

papal
08-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Thank you Julie! My child certainly rides safer because of you. I truly appreciate all the help you give everyone. You are awesome!

Lovingliv
08-08-2005, 10:03 PM
This is a GREAT thread...thank-you for starting it!
Julie...this is well deserved. Thank-you for answering all my questions and for being such a great resource!

mom2acrew
08-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Julie does rock!

Jodi~ tech mom to four and member of the Julie fan club too!

JTsMom
08-09-2005, 08:08 AM
I'll join in. Thanks jools! I've learned so much from your posts, and I'm really grateful for the answers you've provided me with.

bensmom
08-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Joining the club too. I've learned a ton from Julie and some of the other techs here (especially Heather) and my DS, among others, is riding safer because of it. I also became a tech recently - didn't know there was such a thing before I found her posts!

bubbaray
08-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Yes, thank you Julie and all the other tech's here!!! :)

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

KrisM
08-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks Julie!

DS will be rearfacing until 34 lbs because of you and this board!

Emmas Mom
08-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Oh let me add my thanks too to Julie & the other techs. I've learned so much & gotten such great information. I felt totally clueless prior to finding this board & now at least I feel like I have some idea what I'm doing!! :D

kijip
08-09-2005, 02:11 PM
We just added a minivan to the household (my father lives with us) and her advice for the installation (recline the back of the captains chair then move it upright) saved me from a very loose install on a Grand Caravan seat. When we go to buy our own minivan, I will use the tip again as well as at carseat checks I volunteer at here in Seattle. So her contributions are rippling all over the country!!! Her expertise is second to none!

cuca_
08-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks Julie! You are an invaluable resource in this community!!

Carmen
DD May 2003
DD May 2005

3girlssofar
08-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Also wanted to send a thank you to Julie and the other techs - you educated me and I know my 3 dds are much safer riding in a RA, WZ and Parkway. I keep lurking on this board and learning more information. It must be very gratifying to know that you are helping so many people. THANK YOU!

Michele

Wife_and_mommy
08-10-2005, 08:20 AM
You're the BEST, Julie! :)

Elizabeth

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogcrd20040405_4_My+child+is.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev035pb___.png
Our second morsel due early February 2006!

annasmom
08-10-2005, 11:22 AM
A HUGE thank you to Julie!! Not only has she been super helpful and informative, but she has responded to all of my wacky inquiries in such a user-friendly manner! THANK YOU JULIE!!

tiikeri2
08-10-2005, 02:02 PM
If not for Julie, I would not have my Marathon and Roundabout because I never would've heard of them, much less seen them IRL! (it's slim pickin's round these here parts) DH needed all the safety info I could gather to be convinced of them being the best choice for seats--and so much of that info came from Julie! I've also been able to gently encourage my friends to search a little farther than the Walmart shelves when it comes to the safety of their little ones in the car.

And someday (when I can actually be away from kiddos for the time required!) I will become a tech so I can answer others' questions with the same authority.

Thanks, Julie!!!

Kay

stefani
08-11-2005, 11:14 AM
You are awesome Julie! (I tend to think of you as Jools, LOL!)

Thanks to you and all the techs here.

DS is rear facing until 2 years old (he is 23 months now, and in the process of being converted to forward facing - there are 3 cars and carseats involved!) because of what I have learned here. I know that for a lot of people forward facing and turning 1 year old is a milestone, but I am glad that I just waited until DS is too tall (he is long torsoed).

Thanks for your help in deciding what to bring for our international trip last April as well.

Karenn
08-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Jools- I'm amazed at all you know! I want to be a CPS tech just like you when I grow up! :) Thanks for all the advice!

aahjed
08-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Sign me up as another grateful parent! In the time that I've been waiting for our Pittsburgh AAA to return my phone call on whether they help with car seat installation (still waiting), Julie has walked me through my Wizard installation. Thank you so much!!!

Angela