PDA

View Full Version : Buying Britax convertibles: does this make sense?

morgan47
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
We're getting close to retiring the SnugRide and moving on to convertible car seats. This is my current decision:

For my 2000 VW Jetta: Britax Roundabout
For DHs 2005 Chevy Impala: Britax Marathon

I'm thinking that the Roundabout will be too big in the Jetta. I know it will fit, but I think it will be too tall, and I hate not being able to see clearly out my back window. Since the Impala is a bigger car, DH should be fine with the Marathon, which will last longer. I'm also thinking that it would be good to have the Roundabout since it will be easier to take on an airplane.

Does this make sense, or would it be easier to have the same car seat in both cars? For more info, DS will need to be RF until the end of the year, and the car seat will be in the center in both cars.

DebbieJ
08-08-2005, 01:06 PM
You can go to a local baby store and ask to try the floor models in your car. Then you can tell if it's too tall for your liking or not.

We put our Marathon in our 1998 Jetta and it's just fine.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

smilequeen
08-08-2005, 03:21 PM
We bought one Wizard and one RA. The WZ would fit in either car, but I also thought the RA would be better for airline travel. I did use the RA on the plane this weekend for the first time and I was glad I didn't have the WZ.

mariza
08-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Makes perfect sense to me :)
We got a Marathon for my minivan and the Roundabout for DH who manages a rental car office and whose "company car" is differnt every night and the R/A is supposedly the easiest to install. We also travel several times a year to visit family so we thought the R/A would be best for that.

morgan47
08-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks! It's good to know that the RA is easier to install, since I'd have to take it out anytime I need to take the dogs anywhere (can't fit dogs and kid in the same car). Someday I suppose we'll have to get a minivan or something. ;-)

mariza
08-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Ha! That's exactly why I got my van! My poor guy (dog that is) loves the car and I felt bad leaving him behind.