PDA

View Full Version : Graco Turbo Booster replacement covers?

shishamo
09-11-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm almost too embarassed to ask this, but does anyone know how the replacement fabric look/feel?

I have one Turbo booster for my DS in my DH's car, and I want to get another one for my DD. I know my DD would be thrilled with more girly fabric like flower power. THe flower power one looks like it is mostly denim, so I thought I would get a new denim cover to match his sister's. Yes, I want the carseats to match....my DH is rolling his eyes....anyway, one of the replacement fabric looks denim-ish (montana) but I can't tell from Graco's website.

Anyone? Obviously this is not that important, but I appreciate your help!

Joolsplus2
09-12-2005, 11:05 AM
LOL, don't worry about it...some of us have gone to extreme lengths to have matching covers :)...But I can't see that cover to comment.. I don't think the Graco denim is quite as nice as the Britax denim, though, to tell the truth, and aren't those covers pretty spendy? I'd rather have matching woodstock parkways, rofl!
Well, try it out and see...maybe it'll ebay for a fair amount if you hate it?

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

shishamo
09-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks Julie!

I would love to get two more Parkways (that's my DS's main carseat: he's too big for the Marathon) but I'm not sure my DH would be okay with it, unfortunately. Replacement covers are actually cheap, they are only 19.99 each: plus another TB would be like $50-60: grand total will be less than one parkway. Since they rarely ride in my DH's car, I'm not sure if he is willing to spend that much....

I was under the impression that TB with EPS foam is pretty darn close to Parkway in terms of safety. Am I wrong?

Joolsplus2
09-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Oh, 19$ is pretty good ($10 for shipping, probably, though). The EPS in the Turbo is good, but it's not tested. The Parkway actually undergoes side impact testing that mimics a real world crash (with an element of forward motion, like going through an intersection and getting slammed by a red light runner). I don't think the Turbo is *bad* (and I have one!), but I'm fond of the extra testing the Parkway has endured :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx