PDA

View Full Version : Combi Connection - Shopping carts!

ConnorsMama
09-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Well I love my combi Connection but one big flaw for me is it doesn't attach to shopping carts securly!!! I never thought about this as an issue. So he sits in the basket which severly limits the amount of stuff I can get etc.

Anyone know of a good alternative to fix this? Right now it's not bad since I have family in town. But once they leave I'm curious how I'll get grocery shopping done etc.

Michelle

nfowife
09-11-2005, 02:37 PM
I have the Tyro (predecessor to the connection) and right there on the seat it says "do not attach to shopping carts". Does the Connection say that on the back warning label? Anyhow I never feel like it is secure to attach the seat to the cart. If DD is asleep I will keep her in her seat and put her in the basket which limits the stuff you can get but I deal with it. If she's awake I put her in the bjorn or the sling and go about my shopping. Without the bjorn or sling I could never go to the grocery store!
Also most supermarkets have the carts with the infant seat thing built-in to the top. I have a blanket in my car that I use for those carts because they tend to be kind of icky, but you do what you gotta do. I can't wait until my DD can sit up in the front of the cart with the cute shopping cart cover I have waiting!

carolines mommy
09-11-2005, 08:39 PM
I have the Tyro and always just put DD2 in the basket of the seat. Last time I went to the grocery store she was almost buried...looked like ET in the closet. The good thing about that is it limits what I can buy at Target which is ALWAYS a good thing! I cringe when I see infant seats propped up on top of the cart because they are so top heavy that way. DD1 had a snugride and she still rode in the basket.

If you have grocery delivery services available near you, check it out. Here Safeway delivers for $9.95 I think it is, but I've never had to pay because there are always specials for free shipping. Know how WONDERFUL it is to have them bring the groceries in and just set them on the counter...priceless! Even worth the $10 delivery chrg because it cuts out almost all the impulse buying!!!

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

ptlath2
09-17-2005, 02:50 AM
I took a safety class for infants and was told that it is never a good idea to put a car seat in the front of a shoping cart. They only recommend putting the car seat in the large area behind where you would put your groceries. That is why the stores have devised their own shopping carts with seats attached safely. You may want to invest in a cover and use the store's version if it is really a problem. I'm due in 2 weeks and have already been thinking about this. I may just make a few more smaller shopping trips during the week. The other person's recommendation of using a shopping service is also good.

Rachels
09-17-2005, 04:37 PM
I agree, I'd never put a baby on top of a shopping cart, no matter what. It makes the cart itself top-heavy and tippy. It just isn't a safe thing to do. I did smaller shopping trips or waited until I could leave her with DH to do a bigger run. When she was four or five months old, it started working to sit her in the seat with a BuggyBagg, using the pillow to prop her up, and then that was our standby for a long, long time.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
New baby coming in October!
(Holy smokes, it's a boy!!!)

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!