PDA

View Full Version : Outgrown Comfort Sport - Think I want a Larger Car Seat

tbdw425
09-11-2005, 08:05 PM
So we have outgrown our CS. At Jools suggestion, checked out the Evenflo Generations - did not really like the tension adjustment/release and Cargo - just did not seem to have lots of protection, and Britax Parkway. At the end of the day, I am not certain I can yet envision my 3.4 yo, 41 inch, 36 lb, "baby" in a booster. Would prefer a larger car seat. Tried the Marathon, although the manual says it accomodates kids up to 49 inches, the harness slots seemed close to my son's shoulders - does not seem to have a lot of room to grow. Am I correct that the slots should be at or above his shoulder height? Are there other car seats that have higher slots for taller kids? What about the Boulevard - seemed to have a lot of extra "stuff" geared toward infants so we did not try it in the store, but perhaps it had higher harness slots? Have also heard Wizard and Husky discussed, but did not see them in our local stores.

Any thoughts are welcomed. I wish there were only two choices. This is so painful!

Joolsplus2
09-12-2005, 07:49 AM
He'd probably have 2 years in the Marathon (all growth is in the legs at this point ;) ) and 5-6 years in the Husky. He sounds like a pretty tall guy, so maybe the Husky is best? He's pretty young for a booster, and I'd really avoid it.
Have to run the kids to the bus stop now!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

schums
09-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Husky/Regents are only in "specialty" stores -- BRU/TRU don't carry them (unfortunately). We got ours at the Right Start store -- you mihgt want to check and see if there are any near you. FWIW, we've been using the Husky for about 18 months and DS LOVES it. It's easy to use, comfy for him, and definitely big enough to keep him harness for a long time. DS is big too -- not quite 3 1/2, 41.5 inches, 43 pounds. I'd definitely recommend the Husky/Regent.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)