PDA

View Full Version : Flying this week, not sure which car seat to use!

dknees
09-11-2005, 10:07 PM
I just found out today that we need to fly on Tuesday for a funeral. Ds (5 months, 26.5", his legs are really long, his torso is shorter) is currently in the Snugride and is quickly outgrowing it. From what I can feel, he's got just an inch of plastic shell over his head. Definitely not more than that, I keep measuring faithfully every time I put him in the seat.

I ordered a couple of Boulevards, they were SUPPOSED to be here last week, but the tracking info. I got from albee baby (they were shipped UPS) showed that the shipment was "rescheduled" for tomorrow.

So....which seat should I bring with me on my trip? I will have dh along, and he works at the airport, so he has access to all kinds of carts and co-workers. Lugging stuff, at least here, isn't a problem. I am pretty sure our seat assignments are not in the bulkhead row (I think it's an all coach flight) though they were the ONLY seats we were able to get at the time of booking.

Do I bring the snugride that ds is already used to? Or do I bring the Boulevard, even though it's a new thing for him (and us)? Ds is VERY laid back, almost nothing bothers him.

Also, if I bring the snugride, do I bring the base?

We are renting a Chrysler 300, should I install the seat in the center or outboard position?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a little hyper right now, trying to figure out how to make all of this work.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! :)

ETA: I realized today that my post might have made it sound like I was dissing albee baby or something. That is NOT the case. I've always had great service and satisfaction with them. :)

bubbaray
09-11-2005, 10:45 PM
My vote is for the Snugride, without the base. Or, maybe you could bring the base in your suitcase? I wouldn't try a new seat for the flight (if he hates it, you're stuck!), especially as your DS still fits in the SnugRide.

Have a great flight and my condolences.

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

Joolsplus2
09-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Snugride...he won't outgrow it before you come home, and you don't need any steep learning curves at this point. Do you know how to install it with the seatbelt? It's really easy. Center if you can, all the seatbelts are the same in there. If you bring the base, do it LATCH, outboard (unless there are 6 LATCH bars across the back seat, then you are guaranteed the center is acceptable and safe)

(((HUGS)))
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

schums
09-12-2005, 08:33 AM
There should be LATCH bars in the middle of the Chrysler 300. My dad had one, and we were able to attach our seat in the middle. Double check when you get there, but almost all higher end Chrysler/Dodge products (any many non-higher end ones) have 3 sets of LATCH across the back seat.

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

dknees
09-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks, ladies, I appreciate your help!!! :)

We can install with a seatbelt, that's how we have it in dh's car. I don't think it'd be too much trouble to bring the base, I assume we would use the base in the rental car, but not on the plane?