PDA

View Full Version : For those considering a Britax Husky

dogmom
09-12-2005, 12:58 PM
I spent months debating over what to do about my DS second car seat which was a Britax Galaxy (like a RA),which was really starting to be too small for him in the harness department since he was tall and around 38 lbs. He was fitting into his Marathon fine. (Luckily summer came with less bulky clothing and bought me a few extra months to decide.)

I came down to another Marthon, a Husky, or an Apex. I decided on the Husky since I've had too many incidents of bumping his head into the car ceiling while trying to get him over the side of the Marathon. I finally broke down and put it in my DH car this weekend after watching the box sit on the front porch where UPS dropped it four weeks ago.

Once I read the cars owner manual to figure out how the seat belt can lock I got it middle position & tight in about 10 minutes. I could do it in less than 5 minutes now. (And that was with my DS figuring out how to hit the button in my car's CD changer and flipping the CDs into the back seat as I'm putting the car seat in.)

I used the tether anchor, didn't use the bar on the back, and used the "short" routing method for the belt. It seems comfortable for my son, plenty of room for him to grow, and he can get in and out of it easier. The only thing is I can see him in the rearview mirror without repositioning it because he is essentially at seat level.

Overall I am glad I got the Husky over the Marathon now. My son is going to be three in January and I can see him using this for longer than the Marathon. It is in my DH car, who is now the primary care giver, so he will be using it most the time. If you were wavering like me I do think we will like it and I definately feel it was worth the money now.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

Joolsplus2
09-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the review and thumbs up!
I somehow have one Super Elite (that needs to go back to Britax this week) and 2 Huskies... to say my house is full of huge car seats is an understatement (oh, and we still have a Marathon in use!)

We just love our Huskies...Even my 8 yo finds it his most comfortable seat. I didn't dare kick him out of it when my 6 yo gets too big for her Marathon, so I just got her a Husky, too. They are so plush and comfy and easy to buckle and there's no headbonking in small cars (easier to climb into in big cars!), that even though it's a massive seat, it really clings to my heart :)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx