PDA

View Full Version : Multiple carseat placement question- also a car question....

golfgirl12_27
09-13-2005, 09:40 PM
If you have 3 kids in carseats, what kind of car (not minivan) do you have? Also, if you have an SUV with captain's chairs in the second row, where do you put the carseat? Does it have to go in the third row?

I'm really just interested in finding this out. I only have 1 right now, so no big deal. We will probably have another sometime and we had thought about getting a Denali. I like the 2nd row captain's chairs because it makes it easier to get to the third row- but can you put the car seat there?

TIA,
Suz
dd- Sophia 01.12.05

Joolsplus2
09-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Oh, of course...I LOVE installing in Captain's chairs, they are usually so adjustable it's a breeze (and have great LATCH).
As for getting three kids/people across... it can be done, even in smallish cars, as long as you have narrow seats. I know a mom who had two Graco Platinum Cargos and one Touriva in the back of her two door 1995 civic for a couple years (she now has a toyota matrix and loves all the extra space and doors! It's all what you're used to, I guess, lol).

DH just bought a ford escape hybrid, and I'm trying to fiddle around with the right three seats for when #3 comes along in February... the new Profile (www.mightytite.com) is ultra narrow, and Strolee High Rides are super narrow boosters (I have like 6 boosters to choose from, lol)

Anyway, definitely Yes to three across and captain's chairs :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx