PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference b/w all the various Graco Cargo's?

kellyotn
09-14-2005, 06:13 PM
I was going to get a Evenflo Comet from Big Lots, but heard that they aren't good in booster mode, so I think I'll just get a Cargo as it seems most people like them in both harnessed and as a booster. (True or false?)

I see there are a dizzying array of models - is it just padding/cover differences?

FYI, its for a 3 year old in a rarely used F-350, no LATCH. She's 33-34 pounds.

Is there a better option for around $100 or so?

TIA,
kelly

Joolsplus2
09-14-2005, 08:02 PM
from seeing them, I'd say, "almost nothing but the price"... the Cherished, Platinum, and Ultra all have EPS foam and Gracopedic foam, from what I can tell, and the Treasured is a hunk of junk (no front adjuster...it could have gold thread and built in airbags and the lack of front adjuster removes all value, lol).
You might be able to tell from www.gracobaby.com if there are any differences? I think it's a conspiracy between Graco and Evenflo to make me type as many names as possible...when's Ashton Kutcher gonna break into my house and tell me I've been Punk'd? :D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mommy2maya
09-14-2005, 08:39 PM
I don't know that I'd personally like any of the seats that are combo harnessed & bpb. My dd is quite tall, and hit 40lb just shy of 4yo. At the time she was in a Comet, and the bp was way too high for her- the seat belt hit her in the face. The Gracos Cargo's all fit her the same way, but the Turbobooster fit great for her. Is there another baby that you might be able to pass a convertible seat down to, and just switch to a dedicated booster when she hits 40lbs?

kellyotn
09-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the input, Jools and mommy2maya! :-) Why is this never easy?!

Here's what I'm trying to do - I have a 3 and a 1 year old. 2 MA's in my car (by far the most used), 2 FPSE's in DH's truck. I'd originally thought I'd have one of each in my car and DH's when DD got too big for the FPSE.

Now, of course, I'm loving having 2 matching CooMoos in my car and don't want to have a pretty MA in the truck where it'd rarely be used! LOL. And, my sister has a baby and I'd loooooove to let her use an FPSE anyway, as its a great seat and seeing little use.

DD's still got 6-7 pounds in the harness, maybe I'll just get it and if it doesn't end up working as a booster I can pass IT down to her brother in a couple years when he outgrows the FPSE (they are good until 2008) and get her a dedicated booster then. Whew.

Worst case, if she outgrows it really quickly I can move the MA back and forth for awhile to keep her harnessed. I had high hopes for the new 65 lb seat, but doesn't seem like that's gonna happen. Plus, at $170 or whatever I'd just get another MA! ;-)